Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2010 9:14:40 AM EDT
anyone ever hear of these? any feedback or comments?
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I use one on my Savage 338 Lapua, it handles the recoil great, does not loose zero, has optimum clarity, and has a bonus cool factor reticle. I recommend not spending the extra for the titanium model, unless you need the extra weight savings/ strength. Hope this helps you out.

Link Posted: 12/6/2010 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
well they have a 1-8x with basic duplex crosshairs andexternal turrets (1/4 moa adjustments) for not much more then the 1-4 optics.
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The BEST thing about Counter Sniper optics (and Dork Ops Holdings for that matter) are the adverts. Priceless. Simply fooking priceless.
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
One can scrimp on the glass in Beer bottles, but never in good optics.  If the 1-8x is as cheap as a 1-4x there is a reson for that.
Cheap glass may last the life of a rifle, but good quality glass lasts a lifetime.
In MY opinion cheap glass is never an option at any price.
Other opinions may vary as it's your cash not mine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen tons of posts that bash Counter Sniper, but it seems like every one of those posts don't own one.  When you see a rare post from some one that does own it, it is generally good.  I've done quite a bit of reading on it - no first hand experience.

Link Posted: 12/7/2010 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Those who do their research before hand dont buy these piles of shit, and those that do dont admit they are piles of shit.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those who do their research before hand dont buy these piles of shit, and those that do dont admit they are piles of shit.

So how long have you had yours?

Link Posted: 12/7/2010 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've seen tons of posts that bash Counter Sniper, but it seems like every one of those posts don't own one.  When you see a rare post from some one that does own it, it is generally good.  I've done quite a bit of reading on it - no first hand experience.

The first link I posted was to an actual review.  If his comments about the scope aren't enough to keep people away, the behavior of the company should be.  

Look at the claims the company makes on their "About Us" page:
24 step vacuum Bertrillium-Zantitium™ multicoating, raises the light transmission coefficients to beyond anything achieved to date.
Zantitium?  WTF is Zantitium?  What is Bertrillium?  Google tells me these words are only used in Counter Sniper marketing.

Vaporless, fogless, mirageless- unaffected by atmospheric ranges from below sea level to 5 miles above it.
 If the scope was mirageless, every F-class shooter on the planet would use it.  As for "Vaporless"...

Vacuum and lifetime sealed with a mixture of nitrogen and rare earth gasses.
 How can something be vaporless with nitrogen and "rare earth gasses" inside it?  How can it be a vacuum if there are gasses in it?  

What makes a CounterSniper™ Optic truly of value... put it in the hands of an American Warrior committed to liberty and let him annihilate those who would deny it to others...that value is priceless!
 Even Aimpoint, L3-Eotech, and Trijicon don't thump their chests that hard.

Do you see that level of marketing babble and doublespeak on the web pages of Swarovski, Schmidt & Bender, Meopta, Leupold, US Optics, Nightforce, Zeiss, or any other high-end optics manufacturer?  

If an Enzyte tablet dosed up on colloidal silver and banged a box of Extreme Shock! ammo, this unholy abortion of an optics company would be the result.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#11]
The first reviewer is comparing it to a scope that costs many times more.  12-15 foot drop test.  Twelve to Fifteen foot drop test?!?!

I don't really care about all the marketing techno-babble and most of the criticism against the techno-babble.  Those are just bandwagon posts.  However, there is one thing that bothers me about the marketing though, and that is the claim that their scopes are current military issue.  I have found no evidence that this is true and many people dispute their military claim.

That is the reason I decided not to buy one, but overall I think they get a pretty overblown bad rap.  From the few reviews I've seen, they are worth their current market value, but they should not be compared to scopes that cost 2-3 times more.

Quoted:
Quoted:

The first link I posted was to an actual review.  If his comments about the scope aren't enough to keep people away, the behavior of the company should be.  

Look at the claims the company makes on their "About Us" page:
24 step vacuum Bertrillium-Zantitium™ multicoating, raises the light transmission coefficients to beyond anything achieved to date.
Zantitium?  WTF is Zantitium?  What is Bertrillium?  Google tells me these words are only used in Counter Sniper marketing.

Vaporless, fogless, mirageless- unaffected by atmospheric ranges from below sea level to 5 miles above it.
 If the scope was mirageless, every F-class shooter on the planet would use it.  As for "Vaporless"...

Vacuum and lifetime sealed with a mixture of nitrogen and rare earth gasses.
 How can something be vaporless with nitrogen and "rare earth gasses" inside it?  How can it be a vacuum if there are gasses in it?  

What makes a CounterSniper™ Optic truly of value... put it in the hands of an American Warrior committed to liberty and let him annihilate those who would deny it to others...that value is priceless!
 Even Aimpoint, L3-Eotech, and Trijicon don't thump their chests that hard.

Do you see that level of marketing babble and doublespeak on the web pages of Swarovski, Schmidt & Bender, Meopta, Leupold, US Optics, Nightforce, Zeiss, or any other high-end optics manufacturer?  

If an Enzyte tablet dosed up on colloidal silver and banged a box of Extreme Shock! ammo, this unholy abortion of an optics company would be the result.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Just don't do it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I had the pleasure of examining several closly for some time, save your money. and find out where(country of origin) they are made and get back to me on that would you? serioously the samples I looked at were definitly not precision optics, and appeared to lack country of origin(im on a buy USA kick, though I stooped to buying an aimpoint).
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#14]
If you can tell me what bertrillium and zantitium are, i will buy one for you.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The first reviewer is comparing it to a scope that costs many times more.  12-15 foot drop test.  Twelve to Fifteen foot drop test?!?!

I don't really care about all the marketing techno-babble and most of the criticism against the techno-babble.  Those are just bandwagon posts.  However, there is one thing that bothers me about the marketing though, and that is the claim that their scopes are current military issue.  I have found no evidence that this is true and many people dispute their military claim.

That is the reason I decided not to buy one, but overall I think they get a pretty overblown bad rap.  From the few reviews I've seen, they are worth their current market value, but they should not be compared to scopes that cost 2-3 times more.

The first reviewer did not compare it to anything in his initial post.  

He gives a run down of the scope's performance and attributes, which include:
-Locking knobs on turrets dont sit flush and are cheap plastic
-Magnification ring is loose and tight when adjusting magnification(not a consistent amount of force required to turn)
-Loose illumination knob
-Clicks were to close together and knobs were mushy
-Glass became hazy as magnification increased
-Illuminated reticle has 10 different brightness settings, couldn't notice a difference in any of the settings
-Ocular eye focus piece doesn't work
-Failed a box test
-The mil-dots don't look evenly spaced

Those issues stand on their own.  He didn't say my XYZ scope does it better and costs $2,000.  He didn't say ABC brand is the best and everything else sucks.

This was a scope that retails for around $300 and lists for $400.  There are options from Bushnell and Leupold in that class that don't have those problems.  Leupold isn't talking about Zantitium pixie dust either.

I admit I have no first hand experience with one.  I choose to learn from the mistakes of others.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They're bullshit.  

I'll IM you my shipping address.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

For anyone that tells you or the OP?

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's a new name trademarked by their marketing manager Bert Zant.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are used in the plasma conductor of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701F warp engines.  Still in dry dock, however.

If Countersniper put half as much money into their scopes as they do into their BS marketing scheme, they could possibly be on par with NcStar or Barska.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey op im kinda new here myself so let me translate the twisted tongue of my Arfcom bretheren. "DONT BUY THE PIECE OF SHIT" Just sayin.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]

I went through their booth this SHOT Show. I spoke with one of their people, Billy Yance I think was the name on his name tag. Personable guy, fairly knowlegeable about shooting. Told me some of the wilder things that their customers call up asking about or claiming that they could do. But I digress.

Obviously, I couldn't make any judgements about the mechanical ability of their scopes, but I did look through almost all that they had displayed. Optically, the scopes are problematic. Normally, I would be hard pressed to make any judgement call about the inherent parallax error of a scope, but that was not the case here, and I could go on and on about the various issues the scopes had. Be that as it may, it's the buyer's money, and marketing is what marketing is. It works amazingly well. Think of the term "parallax free." There's no such thing, but I have found myself in many an argument over it. (The one I dislike the most is "true 1X" but I gave up on arguing about that one here!)

About the only thing that impressed me, and this really did impress me, was that who ever is behind the manufacturing of these scopes is actually attempting to find the cheap way of increasing the zoom ratio of scopes. They had one scope that had a 12:1 zoom ratio. BSA had a scope that was 6:1 as well as this one company on the bottom floor at booth 1549 whose name escapes me at the moment. Personally, I think they're molding lenses until they act or function as if the lenses were a multi-stage prism. Obviously Parallax error becomes a huge concern when doing something like that. On the other hand, they may figure it all out one day and really change things for everyone. But they are not there yet.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top