Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/15/2011 5:50:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2011 5:52:47 PM EST by Spo0led]
I have been wanting an AR for years and finally had the time and money to get one. I hit up EVERY shop in town for months waiting on one to show up that I wanted, researched building, checked gun shows and still...nothing that made me

So I finally decided to Build my own so I could have it EXACTLY how I wanted and know everything about it, inside and out.

I started off with my first piece, a stripped Spike's Tactical lower, then later that week picked up a Tactical Innovations lower parts kit and MagPul 30 rd magazine.

I looked all over and different barrels and hand guards and everything else and this is my creation.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z211/Spo0led/AR15/DSCF2677.jpg

And as far as accuracy goes... well...

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196178_1827948385851_1454554423_2029021_3016866_n.jpg

I sighted it in at 100 yards because thats all I had available to me but I hope to get out to the farm tomorrow and push it out to 200. You can see where I started high and left and brought it in little by little. And the hole on the bottom right.. "that lil guy? Nah, I wouldn't worry bout that lil guy!"
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:22:57 PM EST
Nice. Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:28:27 PM EST
Bravo!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:05:08 PM EST
good job!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:30:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2011 8:32:36 PM EST by Spo0led]
Thanks for the compliments and welcomes. My girlfriend wants to build one now that she had a chance to shoot mine. She wants to have hers duracoated so that will be our next build. This one took about 9 months or so to complete, hopefully hers wont take near as long.

Oh, forgot to add. I sighted it in WITHOUT the bipod. I havent had a chance to shoot since Ive added it. Hopefully that happens on Wednesday. I cant wait.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:03:04 AM EST
Looks good! Welcome!!

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:27:32 AM EST
Nice Looking rifle and shoots nice.

What scope is that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:23:06 PM EST
Very nice, what hand guard tube do you have on it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:07:17 AM EST
"that lil guy? Nah, I wouldn't worry bout that lil guy!"
LOL
Meow, the thing to do meow is work on taking out the whole bulls eye meow.

Everyone has a zinger now and then.
Nice rig and good shooting. You can be on my team.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:45:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By Spo0led:
Thanks for the compliments and welcomes. My girlfriend wants to build one now that she had a chance to shoot mine. She wants to have hers duracoated so that will be our next build. This one took about 9 months or so to complete, hopefully hers wont take near as long.

Oh, forgot to add. I sighted it in WITHOUT the bipod. I havent had a chance to shoot since Ive added it. Hopefully that happens on Wednesday. I cant wait.

I need to get me one of those...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:57:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Doernuth:
Nice Looking rifle and shoots nice.

What scope is that?

It is a RedHead scope that I got at BassPro. My girlfriends brother gets 40% off so I gave him cash and he bought it for me. I was told their scopes are made by Bushnell. Its a 6-24. I was really looking for an illuminated but thought I would give that one a try. If i didnt like it, I was going to put it on Craigslist and get another.

Originally Posted By Dogstar:
Very nice, what hand guard tube do you have on it.

It is a Rock River free float.

Originally Posted By KNO3:
LOL Meow, the thing to do meow is work on taking out the whole bulls eye meow.

Everyone has a zinger now and then.
Nice rig and good shooting. You can be on my team.....

Me and a friend talked about starting up a shooting team once I got this rifle built. He was a marksman over in Iraq and then went to sniper school and did a little bit of that. Hes helped me alot on my marksmanship. Hopefully we can get this thing going soon.

Originally Posted By awall1214:
I need to get me one of those...

The girlfriend who wants to build her own rifle?? lol
Top Top