Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 12:30:26 PM EST
As always, thanks for looking

I was perusing one of the pic threads a few days ago and started seeing semiauto ARs will full auto pictograms on the lower receiver. That thread was the first time I ever noticed it, and now that I have I'm seeing them everywhere.

What the heck am I missing here? Are the F/A pictograms just there for fun, kind of like a fake can-or was a truckload of pre '86 drop in auto sears discovered in a warehouse or something during the three years I was away?

Forgive me if this is an outrageously stupid question. I'm just wondering if I missed the boat on something big while I was away. Thanks in advance.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:33:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 12:34:07 PM EST by kteaton]
I think its just for the coolness factor. Personally I'd like to get a zombie silhouette engraved in the F/A spot on my lower, just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:38:36 PM EST
HK wannabes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:38:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By kteaton:
I think its just for the coolness factor. Personally I'd like to get a zombie silhouette engraved in the F/A spot on my lower, just for shits and giggles.

Fair enough-thanks for the info.

So I guess it's safe to assume that there wasn't a warehouse found that was full of DIAS or lightning links?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:39:45 PM EST
They look great with your fake can.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:43:14 PM EST
Spikes
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:43:50 PM EST
No LL's or DIAS's were found.
Some people just like the illusion of FA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:06:08 PM EST
Some people actually have FA...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:13:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 1:14:01 PM EST by lamarbrog]
And you guys laughed at me when I wanted a safety that would be on safe in the FA position....

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:17:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 1:22:19 PM EST by Stickman]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:35:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 1:37:26 PM EST by pigmy]
Could lead to major unnecessary LEO and RO questions and explanations. I like to my range time undistrubed so I'd K.I.S.S.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:40:39 PM EST
I don't understand it. Like putting a BMW badge on your Honda. Yayyy! Look at me! I'm cool.

Not to mention possibly getting questioned in an unfriendly manner by the popo.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:41:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By pigmy:
Could lead to major unnecessary LEO and RO questions and explanations. I like to my range time undistrubed so I'd K.I.S.S.

very unlikely.. I go to a range that is shared with the county LEO's and know alot of the local police officers and alot of them have the same thing on there personal rifles...i have fired my rifle next to alot of LEO's i didnt know and have never been questioned only complemented

nothing illegal about it anyway,..no need to restrict the little rights we have left just out of fear of questioning
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:57:22 PM EST
I went to buy a lower and the only lower available (that was a good lower) was a Spike's. They have the full auto pictogram. I was just looking for a good lower. I didn't (and don't) care about the extra pictogram one way or another, although I suspect some people buy them for the "tacticool" nature ("Ooooooooh––it's got a FULL AUTO pictogram!"). I carried a select-fire M16 in the Marine Corps. It's just not a big deal IMO.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:13:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 2:15:26 PM EST by Stickman]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:27:19 PM EST
I went to a gun show in Kansas City Mo today and carried in my POF and the two officers at the table questioned my rifle and wanted to see my stamp for a full auto. I opened it up to show them that it wasn't full auto and they still didn't know what they were looking at. I had to have a friend that is a dealer come to the table and explain to them what they were looking at.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:35:40 PM EST
On the other hand, how about a stealth FA? You can select full auto (three positions) but the receiver only shows SAFE and SEMI!

That would be cool!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:39:04 PM EST
I am not a big fan of them myself. Not saying I would not own one. Maybe if a good deal came by or if Stick wanted to give me his Magpul lower.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:56:40 PM EST
i would never own one where i live, people would see the F/A marking
and call up nanci pelosi on speed dial to make a new law,
"NO SCARY LOOKING GUNS"
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:58:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By 559andyboy:
i would never own one where i live, people would see the F/A marking
and call up nanci pelosi on speed dial to make a new law,
"NO SCARY LOOKING GUNS"

Isn't that already a law in Kalifornia?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:03:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:07:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By onpointgun:
I went to a gun show in Kansas City Mo today and carried in my POF and the two officers at the table questioned my rifle and wanted to see my stamp for a full auto. I opened it up to show them that it wasn't full auto and they still didn't know what they were looking at. I had to have a friend that is a dealer come to the table and explain to them what they were looking at.

Note to dan1802, read above quote. I realize its different when you are around people who know you. But onpointgun wasted gun show time explaining.

Please read my newest book. "The Joys of Bumpfiring with a Fake Full Auto Lower."

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:14:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 3:15:11 PM EST by eracer]

Spikes receivers are low shelf. The pictogram is there in case the owner ever goes full retard auto.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:15:17 PM EST
As others have said some people like them. Others hope one day to own a dias/ll or to be able to legally convert the gun to full auto.

Personally I'm not a fan of incorrect markings or fake parts. I want the caliber marking to be correct on the lower receiver(or not on it at all), just semi or safe markings, etc. I also don't like fake suppressors and other "tac cool" crap.

Some people really like it though. Since you have a selection to get lowers without them who really cares.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:21:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 5:25:50 PM EST by FMJ]
Originally Posted By CJan_NH:
As always, thanks for looking

I was perusing one of the pic threads a few days ago and started seeing semiauto ARs will full auto pictograms on the lower receiver. That thread was the first time I ever noticed it, and now that I have I'm seeing them everywhere.

What the heck am I missing here? Are the F/A pictograms just there for fun, kind of like a fake can-or was a truckload of pre '86 drop in auto sears discovered in a warehouse or something during the three years I was away?

Forgive me if this is an outrageously stupid question. I'm just wondering if I missed the boat on something big while I was away. Thanks in advance.

My Very First Colt had FA mark lower 20inch upper
and the selector could be set on FA but would cause a jam when feeding the second rd. Brass would be bent
It would feed okay other wise on semi
I wish I didnt sell it and Knew more about this Rifle

I bought it off a older GI guy at the time
Hell I was just a KID back then
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:52:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 6:15:54 PM EST by Anastasis]
bleh
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:20:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
They look great with your fake can.

In other words, gay.
Top Top