Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 5:11:02 PM EDT
I'm about to spend some serious coin for a comfortable supply of ammo.  My only concern is that this hysteria will die down, no "anti-ammo laws" or taxes will take affect, and the price will actually drop.  As long as the price doesn't drop, I feel my purchases will be justified, but does anybody think this may happen (prices will actually drop)?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
They might come down slightly but there is also a chance that the pricing and taxes might go up significantly.

It's a crapshoot as far as buying right now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm about to spend some serious coin for a comfortable supply of ammo.  My only concern is that this hysteria will die down, no "anti-ammo laws" or taxes will take affect, and the price will actually drop.  As long as the price doesn't drop, I feel my purchases will be justified, but does anybody think this may happen (prices will actually drop)?

I have been buying ammo for about four years. It has done nothing but increase in price since I started. I don't see it coming down any time soon.

I would recommend focusing on imported and/or surplus ammo, as it will always be limited and subject to political whims.

There has been some great ammo around in the past four years, much of which is quite possibly now gone for good (in any quantity). South African battlepacks of 5.56 and 7.62, 900 rd sealed cans of Radway Green, IMI M855, Q3131A, Guatemalan 5.56, etc...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=313837
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top