Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2003 11:33:16 AM EDT
I am looking at a pre-ban Colt r6701 flatop 20" h-bar. My question is ; will this gun accept a pre-ban upper16" from Bushmaster, RRA, etc. Or will I have to stay with Colt........Also What does the term "blocked" mean when describing an ar-15?, Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it will accept any upper but you may need an "offset pin" if the lower is a large hole.  It's really not a big deal, the pins cost around $6.  I have one on my SP1 lower with M4 upper and it's perfect.  I think the large hole dia is .315 and the small hole dia is .250 ... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
The term blocked means a sear block has been installed, meaning you cannot install an auto sear to make it full auto.  Not a big deal but try to stay away from a receiver that had one installed and then removed.

Hope this helps - Marc
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Marc!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top