Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 1:59:19 AM EDT
Do I need the exact rail, exact barrel, etc that the Navy uses? no, but I would like something that has the brake/collar, is 18" and could be considered a mk12 mod 1 "replica"

Can I build this upper for under $1k?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:06:00 AM EDT

Quoted:

Do I need the exact rail, exact barrel, etc that the Navy uses? no, but I would like something that has the brake/collar, is 18" and could be considered a mk12 mod 0 "replica"

View Quote
Maybe, but I'd just save a bit more and buy one from PRI.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:06:28 AM EDT

Quoted:

Do I need the exact rail, exact barrel, etc that the Navy uses? no, but I would like something that has the brake/collar, is 18" and could be considered a mk12 mod 0 "replica"

View Quote
Without those, it won't be that.

You can build an 18" precision rig for under $1000 (sans optics), just not a mod0.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:40:32 AM EDT
I believe there is a Mod 1 upper for sale somewhere in the EE. Don't recall the cost, but id save up and find someone who wants to unload one. That'l be your cheapest bet. IIRC it was around $1500 for the upper.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:04:14 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can build an 18" precision rig for under $1000 (sans optics), just not a mod0.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isnt the barrel one of those things that isnt needed to be a replica? Kinda like the AEM collars vs the ops inc ones, or pri folding front base vs the new style thats sloped?
But op the truth is that the rail is probably the most significant part of the build.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:37:41 AM EDT
You're looking at $3k when it's all said and done. Then $900 for the can (with stamp)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:56:47 AM EDT

Quoted:

Maybe, but I'd just save a bit more and buy one from PRI.  
View Quote
Thought about this too

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:57:33 AM EDT
Right now a Mod0 is cheaper. If the rifle length KAC FF goes back into production then the Mod1 would cost about the same, maybe even a little less, substitute KAC front sight for the PRI Top Rail and a KAC rear sight for the ARMS.

I already have a Mod1 upper and got the itch to build a Mod0 so I started looking for parts a few months ago. My parts list is like the one below except I already had some parts and used a Colt upper. I decided to use BA barrel because I am not paying 400+ bucks for a Douglas that after shooting it several times, the last time fully bagged on a bench, and it was about as accuracy as a the Rainer Arms Select I have on another build. If it doesn't do what I want it to do I will swap it out for a RA or WOA.

If you can accept a few compromises, not using Colt parts, you could put a Mod0 Upper together right now for about $2000 - including the scope, less if you shop the EE and get lucky. For example I scored a OPS brake (no collar) for 50 bucks about a month ago and just bought a new PRI FF Tube and Top Rail for 430 bucks.

225 barrel - From Ballistic Advantage or catch a sale
75 upper - for a regular mil-spec upper, not a Colt
75 Rear Sight
330 PRI FF Tube
175 PRI Top Rail
100 BCG - for a quality mil-spec BCG, not a Colt
100 Rings
650 Scope - for a used non-illuminated Mark 4
150 Brake and Collar
150 Front Sight
85 Gas Buster
50 Other Small Parts

Quoted:

Isnt the barrel one of those things that isnt needed to be a replica? Kinda like the AEM collars vs the ops inc ones, or pri folding front base vs the new style thats sloped?
But op the truth is that the rail is probably the most significant part of the build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:55:59 AM EDT
Barrel $175
Lpk bcg buffer,tube,ex... $150
Break/collar-$146
Lt104-$180
Rail-$290
Stock-75
Gas system-$73
Upper/lower-$178
Charging handle-$40
Trigger-$120
Bipod-90

Just finished one up and ewaiting on the final parts. My budget was $1500.
A lot of the parts were used or I got really good deals...it took a while.
It's a correct mod one except the stripped lower and the ballistic advantage barrel
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:42:11 AM EDT
Quoted:
You're looking at $3k when it's all said and done. Then $900 for the can (with stamp)
View Quote

Can you point me to a OpsInc or copy for $900?? I've been running a NT4 for a little over a year and love, I'd like to hear the two of them side by side but I thought Ops isn't making anymore 12's???

William
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:18:52 PM EDT
Quoted:

Can you point me to a OpsInc or copy for $900?? I've been running a NT4 for a little over a year and love, I'd like to hear the two of them side by side but I thought Ops isn't making anymore 12's???

William
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

William

Allen Engineering.  From what I've read they are the company that produced OpsInc cans.  

ADCO and High Caliber Sales have them for $675.  Gets you close to $900 after shipping & stamp.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:28:28 PM EDT

Quoted:

William
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

William
They sound the same. The 12th Model has a slightly different tone due to it having more volume.

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.