Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2014 9:49:59 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with Core 15 barrels? I ordered a stainless 18" mid length gas for a build I'm working on. How do they compare to others anyone here has tried?
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
subbed

I put a Core 15 lower together as my Christmas.  I am gonna wait till after tax time to order a stripped upper from them so they match.  I want to know how their barrels compare to others in case I decide to go with theirs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump!
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like some more info on this too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 3:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No core buyers here?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Well since I got no takers and I had already placed  my order, I put together my Core 15, 18" stainless barrel to complete my build. I also found a Core 15 lower locally. I have to say the barrel is exactly as advertised. Very nice fit and finish and so far I'm getting consistant groups of less than 1 MOA at 100 yds. I'm very pleased with the finished product.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an ar-15 that started life as a stripped lower and stripped upper from Core15.
good to go.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm running a 9.5" Core 15, SBR suppressed. It works good and does the job I want it to do.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought two Core15 barrels a couple years ago. Stainless was good, the other (CMV) was garbage. There was junk all stuck to the bore and they continued to claim it was normal from parkerizing, odd I never saw it before and didn't see ANYTHING in the other shiny 10 CMV bores I had in at the time ....  After a few attempts to get some insight as to the truth of why the barrel had junk embedded in the bore, they convinced me to just shoot it because 'that'll fix it!' they said. Put 40 rounds through it and it looked the same. To further flush any future relationship down the toilet, I sent it back to them because they said they'd swap it out for the stainless variety I already had. Shipped it back and heard nothing, I mean nothing for several weeks. No return phone calls, no return emails. Eventually I ended up disputing the charge through my bank and they even fought that saying they didn't know anything and didn't receive anything. I had all my receipts from the post office. I got my money back through my credit card company.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top