Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 9:25:54 PM EDT
At the range tonight as I don't think I spend enough on ammo. After a few hours I'm out talking to the Range Master and a buddy when the RM introduces us to George. He's from Holland. In the states for work, doesn't get to shoot at home and wanted to try it out while in the States. The RM talks about the pistols George has rented,  revolvers all. Nothing wrong with that but a small sample of a very broad spectrum available.

I ask George if he'd like to shoot an AR15. The RM, knowing what I have, encourages him and we head out with me as the "instructor". As no one else is on the range it's ears off as I go over the controls and a few practice runs. George picks it all up and we're good to go.

Since this is posted in this forum you'll have guessed what AR variant I brought: A Pistol.
Nothing special, a BM Carbon. Swapped on a Vortex so I can see after I pull the trigger and a special magazine my brother-in-law bought me, beta-c.

George gets pics of the Beta but it's a bit odd to shoot with on the pistol if you have NO experience with an AR pistol so he gets a 30 round mag.

I fire a few shots so he gets a very basic idea of what to expect. Now it's his turn.

First shot and he just starts laughing. Big smile while he goes back for about ten more rounds.
Places it on safe as instructed, drops the mag and after a bit of fumbled instruction locks back the bolt and ejects the chambered round.

Ears off and we talk a bit. Actually George talks and we listen as he's just a bit taken back but having fun.

I ask if he'd like to try the AR with the stock MB. Have to explain the difference but he seems to understand. He agrees, poor soul.

Swap ends and place a fresh mag on the bench. Again ask him if he'd like me to demonstrate, get a "Yes". First round and the Sun is out. George is yelling something but I pull the trigger again
before looking around. He's laughing still and talking about the "force" of the sound and the "blinding" flash. But he's still up for shooting it himself.

The man puts about ten rounds downrange before going safe. Weapon check and we head out to talk with the RM while the weapon cools.

George mentions pulling the trigger with the stock MB and afterwards "having no idea what happened". The amount of noise and light right there in front of him pretty much stunned him for a second. But he thought it was cool and pulled the trigger again and again.

A few other pics were taken of him holding the pistol and he thanks us a lot for the chance to shoot.

A bit long but I thought I'd share as it was one of the better, more memorable nights at the range.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#1]
That is great! I had a similar experiance with a guy and a gal from Poland. They had never fired a rifle/pistol before and we took them to the range with a couple of AR's and pistols....... You could not wipe the smiles off of their faces. Something they will never forget.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you teach him to bump-fire?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you teach him to bump-fire?

Unable to as the bump-fire pool was drained for maintenance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I know that grin!!!  I get it every time I shoot my pistol too.  Best part is hearing that you were able to pass that punch-drunk, goofy grin on to someone one else!  I'll bet he doesn't forget the experience for a LONG time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds great  
But you must know that if you mention a cool combination, such as an AR pistol and a Beta-c, that it must be accompanied by pics
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top