Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2006 8:23:43 AM EDT
What are you all seeing for the coolest free float tubes? That's cool as in not cooking your fingers during rapid fire sessions. I have a Clark carbon fiber that does pretty good but perhaps there is something better.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:42:59 AM EDT
FWIW, my old ARMS #45C S.I.R. equipped M4 has never cooked my bare hands (even when the barrel was smokin).

My KAC RAS II equipped M4 has performed equally well at keeping the heat from affecting bare hands.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:57:37 AM EDT
The RAS II and ARMS look huge (weighs about 14+ oz)? I've looked through several Army media photographs of soldiers in Iraq and most of them appear to have 2 piece quad-rail handguards, not Free Floaters. I wonder why that is?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:43:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
The RAS II and ARMS look huge (weighs about 14+ oz)? I've looked through several Army media photographs of soldiers in Iraq and most of them appear to have 2 piece quad-rail handguards, not Free Floaters. I wonder why that is?

Two part snap right in!
FF need work preformed that the armourers might not want to mess with!
This is just a guess?

(Sory kant spill)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:20:05 AM EDT
Most organizational armorers (where I got my start) don't have the tools or training to install ff stuff. SOCOM units usually have better tools and training for their gun techs, but not always.

The PRI and other carbon fiber (I know DPMS makes 'em now) handguards are all cool to the touch after firing.

I've been happy with my SIR in that respect. It's big but not clumsy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:41:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
FWIW, my old ARMS #45C S.I.R. equipped M4 has never cooked my bare hands (even when the barrel was smokin).

My KAC RAS II equipped M4 has performed equally well at keeping the heat from affecting bare hands.

Mike

+1 for the ARMS S.I.R. never getting hot.
Top Top