Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 1:48:55 PM EDT
Which would you do?
1) Sell the complete A2 upper and buy a new complete A3 upper?
or
2) Buy a new A3 upper receiver, swap barrels and sell the A2 upper receiver?  (I have access to the tools and expertise.  A shooting buddy attended amourer school)

I'm still weighing this one and wonder if anyone has experienced this?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Either, which ever one will cost you the least amount of money, a gunsmith will charge you $50-$100 to do the swap, or you can do it yourself, but you need a barrel wrench and a vice block.

maybe try posting it in the Equipment exchange under want to trade.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd keep the A2 and buy the A3 upper too. More is better didn't you know that !!

Than again your not me and I'm not you. Your only talking about 120-200 bucks around. In the entire scheme of things that aint much. You could pickup parts here and there and have 2 complete uppers. JMO

SaFe ShOoTiNg
 Jerry  
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem with keeping extra parts around is that eventually you have almost enough to build another rifle.  Then you are COMPELLED to buy whatever is missing.

Of course you never have just the parts to build exactly one complete rifle, so the process starts anew every time.

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
That's my point Cali Kid. You can never have enough AR's or parts for them. It's an addiction man, like smoking and drinking. Only I don't smoke or drink.

SaFe ShOoTiNg
 Jerry  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top