Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/20/2012 4:51:45 PM EDT
I have all the parts for my AR15 build except the upper assembly, which is taking awhile to ship. Please excuse my ignorance on this, but is it possible to acquire a license to convert the AR15 to a fully automatic M16? I understand what parts are required, but I am ignorant of the legal issues. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 4:54:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 4:58:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigChevy17:

to expand a tad - due to legal restriction, no NEW machine guns can be mfg except for non-governement, military, or leo use. You can only buy a registered M16 lower and they arent cheap and still require the $200 tax stamp

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 4:59:09 PM EDT
Only with the proper license. It is not cheap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:05:48 PM EDT
If you have an 07/02 manufacturing license you can. You must be in the business of manufacturing though. You can't just pay the fees for a year and build one. Once the business is closed all of the machine guns must be destroyed or transferred to dealers/sold to LE.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:19:42 PM EDT
Thanks Jaq Frost and all. I was thinking the 07/02 FFL might be a route, but not if I have to transfer it since it really wouldn't be a business. It leaves me wondering how that squares with the 2nd Amendment. Thanks again all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:20:45 PM EDT
Thanks Brian.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/20/2012 5:56:53 PM EDT by XxSLASHERxX]
this thread is dead!!
Top Top