Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 1:57:12 PM EDT
What would you do?
1) Sell the complete A2 upper and buy a complete A3 upper?
or
2) Buy an A3 upper receiver, swap barrels and sell the A2 upper receiver?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I'd buy the A3 receiver and keep the A2 receiver "just in case."  I'm sort of a pack rat when it comes to AR stuff.  Of course then I'd end up buying a new lower receiver.  Then probably a 20" upper so I could have a full sized rifle.  Of course with the extra upper around, eventually I'd end up buying a third lower.  Which is basically where I am at this point.  Now the dilema is whether I go with a Preban AR or an M1A1.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
A flattop upper receiver, barrel blocks, and a $15 M16 barrel tool will allow you to swap this barrel in an hour.  Won't take 15 minutes the second time you do a barrel swap, it's that easy.

Where are you in Ohio?  I can show you how do to it easily.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Chuck.  I've sent you an e-mail.  Based upon what everyone has said so far, it looks like it's time for me to find some moly grease.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
BIY!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top