Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2013 3:55:13 AM EDT
If I buy a 22lr Conversion to use now, how can I use that for a dedicated upper later on? Do I just need a 22lr barrel, or do I need more parts?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Barrel and collar but yeah that's it.
I did the same thing with a Taccom barrel and collar on a CMMG kit for my Dad
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the cmmg conversion kit and then l later bought the cmmg 22lr barrel and used the bolt from the conversion.  You will need everything that you would need for a norma upper except the gas system.  It does not exist on a 22lr upper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I also did the taccom barrel and collar on my stainless cmmg kit. I built the upper from scratch and used a cheap hogue knurled free float handguard. Turned out nice and super easy to put together.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I used a 7 in Troy hand guard
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a barrel and collar from TACCOM.
Couple mags and you are GTG.
Dave N
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.
Is $175 a good price for the CMMG S/S conversion?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Dave in Florida
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.
View Quote

These days, yes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats what I did. Bought a CMMG bravo conversion kit and a taccom upper (minus bolt assembly). Kept everything from the CMMG kit for use with the upper except the chamber adapter, which I sold on the ee. Have a primary arms red dot on the upper now, but will probably go with a nikon P22 on a aero precision mount in short order in order to get some more accuracy out of it. Me and my kids think this is our new most favorite gun. Geissele SSA-E also really makes it a dream to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thats what I did. Bought a CMMG bravo conversion kit and a taccom upper (minus bolt assembly). Kept everything from the CMMG kit for use with the upper except the chamber adapter, which I sold on the ee. Have a primary arms red dot on the upper now, but will probably go with a nikon P22 on a aero precision mount in short order in order to get some more accuracy out of it. Me and my kids think this is our new most favorite gun. Geissele SSA-E also really makes it a dream to shoot.
View Quote

Super dymanic combat but otherwise much the same lol
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top