Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2013 3:55:13 AM EDT
If I buy a 22lr Conversion to use now, how can I use that for a dedicated upper later on? Do I just need a 22lr barrel, or do I need more parts?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:39:18 AM EDT
Barrel and collar but yeah that's it.
I did the same thing with a Taccom barrel and collar on a CMMG kit for my Dad
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:42:13 AM EDT
I bought the cmmg conversion kit and then l later bought the cmmg 22lr barrel and used the bolt from the conversion.  You will need everything that you would need for a norma upper except the gas system.  It does not exist on a 22lr upper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:07:08 AM EDT
I also did the taccom barrel and collar on my stainless cmmg kit. I built the upper from scratch and used a cheap hogue knurled free float handguard. Turned out nice and super easy to put together.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:31:21 AM EDT
I used a 7 in Troy hand guard
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 12:27:27 PM EDT
Get a barrel and collar from TACCOM.
Couple mags and you are GTG.
Dave N
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 12:50:50 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.
Is $175 a good price for the CMMG S/S conversion?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 1:54:07 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Dave in Florida
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:54:04 PM EDT
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.
View Quote

These days, yes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:46:37 AM EDT
Thats what I did. Bought a CMMG bravo conversion kit and a taccom upper (minus bolt assembly). Kept everything from the CMMG kit for use with the upper except the chamber adapter, which I sold on the ee. Have a primary arms red dot on the upper now, but will probably go with a nikon P22 on a aero precision mount in short order in order to get some more accuracy out of it. Me and my kids think this is our new most favorite gun. Geissele SSA-E also really makes it a dream to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:48:41 AM EDT
Quoted:
Thats what I did. Bought a CMMG bravo conversion kit and a taccom upper (minus bolt assembly). Kept everything from the CMMG kit for use with the upper except the chamber adapter, which I sold on the ee. Have a primary arms red dot on the upper now, but will probably go with a nikon P22 on a aero precision mount in short order in order to get some more accuracy out of it. Me and my kids think this is our new most favorite gun. Geissele SSA-E also really makes it a dream to shoot.
View Quote

Super dymanic combat but otherwise much the same lol
Top Top