Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 10:51:51 PM EDT
I know people have really bashed/had problems with Olympic in the past regarding their Green-Tip 62 grn. ammo.  

However, has anyone given them a chance on their 55 grn.?  If so, what do you think, decent or steer clear?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a case (1000 rds) of Olympic M193 a while back and went thru it all.  Didn't have any problems with it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I still have a few hundred of their M193 stuff left.

Some problems. Some (about 1 per 100) of the case necks were oversize just enough to cause chambering problems and FTF.

Some of the case necks were split once fired.

Since I reloaded I kept the brass. The case lengths were all over the shop from too long to right on the boundary of being too short. The primer crimps were very variable.

All in all, not the best stuff to ever have graced the chamber of my rifle.

Unless it's really cheap I won't be shooting any more of the stuff.

Slowworm
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Please read the article tacked to the top of the page: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729[/url] or use the search function.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top