Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 5:56:05 PM EDT
Posted this '?' on the Mag board, but didn't get  many hits. What's the best arrangement to attach two mags together for rapid reload? I've seen tape, mag clamps, etc. Just wondering what method you employ, and why. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I put the next mags in my mag pouch.  Connecting mags puts alot of undue weight on the mag release, and mag itself.  Get your self a good mag pouch, I think it is much quicker than trying to catch the mag as it is falling, flip it over and put in back in.

Some may disagree with me, but thats what makes this country great.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:38:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with 1911. Try a good belt mag holder like this one from Eagle:

http://www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=419

At Blackwater my mag changes were extremely fast.

If you want a second magazine on the weapon, then use the Readi-Mag system. This places no extra strain on the magazines or the mag release. It is super quick and does not effect the function of the magazines as some of the mag binder systems can.

The only downside is that it is yet more weight on the gun, and you must modify the gun to install it. But if having that second mag up there is that important to you, then these small drawbacks won't deter you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
a guy at work has a Redi-Mag.  He seems to like it, but i don't like the fact that when you hit the mag release the mag in the Redi-Mag falls out to.  He says with practice it won't happen.  I use a Molle 6 mag carrier that I can just throw over my head when I leave the squad car, if I take the AR.  My first mag has the $5 mag coupler, though.  It is still alittle new and i'm not sure if i like it.  It is a fast reload, doesn't really throw off balance (that much), and if a do a tactical reload, the partially empty mag is still accessible .
One drawback is it doesn't fit in my little Molle pouch...so i don't know what to do with when I reload again.  I think I need to get a load bearing vest that says POLICE on it.  that would probably be better.

anyway...try to evaluate what you'll use the ar for.  in my case it is a patrol carbine to be used for SHTF stuff, like in a school or Johnny Jihad type stuff.  Once you find yout what you need it for reload options will become mor clear.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems to work well thus far - [url]http://www.buffertech.com/magcinch.htm[/url].
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Solid 5, guys! I knew I was shoppin' in the right place. I appreciate the feedback. Good points, all!!

Javelin
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top