Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:13:29 PM EDT
First of all sorry for the extreme newbie-ishness for the following questions I did in fact search...with no luck.  And I am very new to AR's this will be my first so.....bear with me

I'm in the market.  I'd like a rifle that is reasonably accurate out to a max of 200 yards.  I'm hoping for 1moa at 100 yards if possible.  Main uses are target shooting, home defense, and umm management of the groundhog population.  

I'd like to use a low power scope 3x or so, but still retain the ability to use the iron sights for target shooting.  

What I'm looking at right now is the Complete A4 kit from RRA.  The parts that are included cost less than if I purchased separately.  Is it reasonable to hope for around 1 MOA from that 16" barrel??  

Also what are my options for scope mounting...I'd like a quick-disconnect type of setup but fear that will be more trouble than it's worth.

TIA
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like your on the right track.  most ars will shoot moa.  check the optics section and picture threads, so many options out there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking for very good accuracy from a 16" carbine which I could still lift. I ended up with a Flat Top and a 16" DPMS non chrome (accuracy), postban (the barrel is all barrel) H Bar. I really like it and you can't make it go over M.O.A.
ETA I have the Warne detachable rings with a 4X12 Leupold on mine. The rings are top notch but kind of spendy..
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
16" RRA Bull isn't too heavy, and with the chambering, 1:8 twist, etc it would make for a decently accurate gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I've gone ahead and ordered it, with the tac rail.  I think I"ll just use a set of QD scope rings that maintain zero.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a LaRue mount and a ACOG... and you'll be set.  As far as BUIS, I like TROY.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Just looked it up.  I'll be damned if that isn't exactly what i'm looking for....for at least 2x the price
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top