Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 5:16:55 PM EST
Now that Uncle Sam gave me back my money, I can now consider buying my own AR. I decided to go the "some assembly required" route for educational and budgetary reasons. I've looked at the following manufacturers for complete parts kits:

J&T Distributing
Model 1 Sales
M&A Parts
Rocker River Arms (through ADCO)

Right now, I'm leaning towards Model 1, as they have more configurations available with chrome-lined barrels. Being not being too familiar with any of the companies, is there anything I should know about these choices?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:41:47 PM EST
I think any one of those will be just fine. Personally, I'd go with ADCO. Steve is a great guy and can work with you on just about any configuration so that you get exactly what you want the first time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:45:11 PM EST
The jury may still be out on Model1's chrome lined barrels. They're still kinda new. Anybody got any experiencial data on this?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:03:09 PM EST
I have a J&T upper witha 20" full heavy chromelined barrel. J&T told me it was a Wilson chrome lined barrel not a Shaw chrome lined barrel. I believe M1 uses Wilson chrome lined too. That said i have fired 60 rounds(20 break in) thru this upper and it was flawless and was really accurate(as accuarte as i could be considering it was raining). I was very very pleased with my J&T kit and would buy anouther.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:34:30 PM EST

Right now, I'm leaning towards Model 1, as they have more configurations available with chrome-lined barrels

Same here, buddy. Buy the chrome-lined kit, buy a good lower (MEGA lower for me) and follow instructions. Voila, AR in no time. I plan to build my first AR this summer. Tell us how your build goes, and post pics!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:21:29 PM EST
I just built a CAR with a Model1 kit and like the parts. Unfortunately for me, I bought my kit a week before they started offering chrome lined barrels Oh, if you go the CAR route, budget for another stock, the one they send is not the greatest.
Top Top