Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 3:22:16 PM EDT
Botach just put them on sale.  As always, buyer beware.

Of course the same ACOGs were only $525.00 from reputable vendors a year ago, and Miway had them on close-out for $423.00, but it looks like the prices are staying high for the long term.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I received an email from Botach also. My first ACOG TA01 was purchased from them @ 4 years ago for $460 including UPS Blue shipping. A few months later I bought a Reflex II with flat top mount for $279 from Kiesler's Wholesale. I was debating between that and a Compact ACOG for $100 more- $379 (Kick self in calf REALLY hard!). At any rate I used both scopes for a period of time and then sold them on the equipment exchange for more than I paid. Ahhh, the good old days... Makes me wonder, though, as the wholesale at the time on a compact was probably @ $350 or so. Just look at the prices now. Someone is really raking it in. I don't think it's the distributors. Must be Trijicon. But the scope is still the same- a $350 wholesale unit. Supply and demand at work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered one, and a few other items.  Order shipped same day.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Oddly enough I never had any problems when I was having them mail stuff to my military shipboard address. I bought my compact ACOG and a Aimpoint Comp ML from them too without issue. Now that I've had them ship the last two orders to my house they're screwing up by the numbers - with one order taking over six months to get here! I ordered back in November of last year a couple of LED flashlights and they blamed Gulf War II for the delay [lol]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=19844[/img]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going from memory here; but IIRC at least one other member ordered these and posted that they are apparently some bastardized version without an M16 base OR a special ring mount, so you will have to order those separately.

AR15fan, since you ordered one maybe you can comment?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It arrived as ordered. Took less than a week. I had it sent to my Michigan address to avoid 7.75% Sales tax, then picked it up when I went deer hunting there.

I bought the 2X  amber triangle for use on a 16" Carbine.

Got a bunch of CR123 batteries cheap too in the same order.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top