Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:38:42 PM EDT
So rather than just asking what I should buy, I'm looking for input on the items & dealers I've picked below.  Also, any less expensive sources you can recommend would be much appreciated!!  Primary purpose for this weapon will be to keep me company in my patrol car for CQB.

Part / Dealer

RRA Upper / Eagle firearms
RRA Lower complete (6 pos stock) / Eagle firearms
Enhanced bolt carrier / Eagle firearms
Barrel (cmmg socom m4 1:7 twist w/ perm Phantom) / CMMG inc.
VLTOR CASV rail handguard / CMMG inc.
Rear sight ARMS#40 / Impact firearms
ATN digital reflex sight / ebay

Also, anyone know if the ARMS#40 will co-witness with the ATN on the VLTOR CASV?? (The CASV raises the receiver rail height by .50", the ARMS mounts on the receiver)

Noobieman says THANKS!!!   hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
id get the rear somewhere else.  try the EE or industry section.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Being that eagle arms is out of stock in the RRA complete lowers I would check somewhere else.

It takes long enough from RRA anyway.

If your set on going through eagle arms I would get the complete lower w/o the stock, go HERE and get the generic 6 pos stock from the RRA mold.

I got one for the 16 I built a while back and the difference is NICE PRICE, no RRA markings (if that matters) and it is actually nicer than my RRA 6 pos.

Just my suggestion.

welcome to the boards!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input guys, anyone else??

SanTifiQue - thanks for the llink, that is a nice price, especially for the same quality stock.  My biggest reason for going with Eagle was the price.  Anyone know who is competitive at that price and actually has stock??
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
STQ - got the stock today and it's perfect.  saved me about $15 too.  Thanks for the recommendation!  Now I'm sitting on the stock and Fobus grip.  They are getting lonely waiting for the rest of the gear.  I'll post pics when I have somting worth while.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top