Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2009 1:28:48 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new stock for my AR that has an adjustable cheek rest and I ran accross "Command Arms Accessories'" website and they have a couple of items that look interesting; but I've never heard of them, so I thought I'd ask the community for some insight into their products and quality.

What I'm most interested in is whether I could (possibly) mount their "Adjustable Cheek Piece" (ACP) on a Magpul UBR stock- to give me a collapsable stock with a raised cheek rest.

Also, has anyone used, or seen in person, their "SRS Sniper Stock?" It looks amazing- all except the price!  I'm wondering how it stacks up against the Magpul PRS in terms of stability?  What I really like about this SRS stock is that it is collapsable but also has an adjustable butt pad as well as and adjustable cheek rest that pulls forward (over the charging handle) and is a lot longer than the one on the Magpul PRS!  Not to mention the fact that it has a 3-position monopod built in to give you 3-point stance when ued with a bipod-equipped rifle!  It really seems to have everything, but since I've never seen one in person, I'll need to rely on y'all's experience and advice.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the CBS 6 pos stock and it has been great so far.  Locks up tight and doesn't have much play.  This is the first stock that I have had a decent amount of time with but when I read reviews on the EE everyone else also had good things to say
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have the CBS 6 position collapsible stock & i'm very happy with it. Very snug fit with a good storage place for 123's. I could see where that door might snap off with heavy use, but so far that hasn't happened.

I also have one of their pistol grips on a Galil clone i have. It fits my medium sized hands very well & is just plain comfy.

but some of there other stuff seems kinda low grade compared to the big dog AR accessory makers. I've read and seen photo's of Isreali police & mil using what appears to be CAA stuff, but I don't know if that speaks for their quality or if it's just homegrown so they use it. They might even get it for next to nothing for T&E.

Useless info: In '28 weeks later', the U.S. delta character is using a CBS stock on his M4.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I was REALLY hoping to get a bigger response to this post.  Y'all's comments are a little encouraging but it isn't the kind of endorsement that I need to justify spending $400 on an AR stock!

C'mon folks- how about some more input?  Good or bad- help me make a decision!

Quoted:
I have the CBS 6 pos stock and it has been great so far.  Locks up tight and doesn't have much play.  This is the first stock that I have had a decent amount of time with but when I read reviews on the EE everyone else also had good things to say

When you say your CBS stock, "doesn't have much play," what do you mean- there is some play?  My Magpul stock locks down like.........well...it locks tight. Period.  If there's ANY slop in your 6-position stock, then i'd say it's not as good as the Magpul and it makes me wonder about the rest of the CAA line.  Thanks for the post though- it's the kind of thing I need to find out.  I'd like to hear about how much play you're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The sell a ton of it at Clothing and Sales on post. I have been issued the flashlight mount in the past. It seems to be decent stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive got a CAA 6pos stock and I also like it a lot.  Here:

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/catfight/updatedAR.jpg

While its not the super duper sniper stock, it certainly performs well.

If you dont need all that, why spend that kind of coin?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
$407.00 are you out of your mind
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
For that kind of money, you may want to see one in person. I checked them out at the SHOT show and was unimpressed for the price. Seems like cheap plastic and overly complicated. Seems like cheap plastic was the main thing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the CBS 6 position stock as well and I am impressed with the quality, I've used it quite a bit and it holds up really well, I don't notice any play, in fact, I just went and checked and there is no play. The storage is also nice on it. As for useless features, the rubber recoil pad is nice when I set it down on the floor against the wall for making it stay put.

All in all, I recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For that kind of money, you may want to see one in person. I checked them out at the SHOT show and was unimpressed for the price. Seems like cheap plastic and overly complicated. Seems like cheap plastic was the main thing.

That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear- someone's personal impression or experience with that one particular stock.  Thanks- you saved me a ton of money!

Quoted:
$407.00 are you out of your mind

When you have as much invested in your rifle as I do, to make it as accurate as I possibly can at long range, a stock with a cheek rest that allows for secure and proper alignment with the large power scope I am mounting is worth whatever price I have to pay.  You can have the best custom AR in the world and a $3000 scope and STILL not be able to shoot a great group at long range without a stock that fits you and places your eye in the proper allignment with the scope.  I agree- it's a crazy amount of money to have to spend on a plastic stock, but after investing what I have in the rest of the rifle, I'm not about to worry about spending an extra $100-$200 on a stock to get the one that will allow me to maximize on the rifle's potential.

Sometimes I wish my interest was in CQC and short combat rifles, because they're a whole lot cheaper hobby than long range rifles.  But there's no accounting for what you find yourself interested in, is there?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting reply.  While I agree that equipment matters in something like shooting, skill of the shooter is infinitely more important in my humble opinion.  You can have a $3,000 rig, EOTech sight etc. and if you dont have basic skills or have learned your equipment, you wont be able to shoot those small groups at long distance.  I could have the best rifle made but if my trigger discipline sucks, Ill be throwing the shot every time.  As always, your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
You know what's hot? The MPS. I saw a ghetto version of it used by Israeli troops. With  Redi mag or mag coupler you will have a faster reloading time before going to your pouch.

Put it on the rail forearm handguard (not the CAA stock). I placed my on the right side.

What I like to see is a better version, tho.

CAA is Israeli and I believe they supplies the IDF.

http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=88&cID=18
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interesting reply.  While I agree that equipment matters in something like shooting, skill of the shooter is infinitely more important in my humble opinion.  You can have a $3,000 rig, EOTech sight etc. and if you dont have basic skills or have learned your equipment, you wont be able to shoot those small groups at long distance.  I could have the best rifle made but if my trigger discipline sucks, Ill be throwing the shot every time.  As always, your mileage may vary.

I agree on the skill of the shooter thing... But you kinda need a stock, so why not get
a good one that will last a long time and will work for what you want? $3,000.00 or
$300.00... If I am going to spend money, I am going to get good shit.

Skill is no excuse for owning junk.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:57:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree on the skill of the shooter thing... But you kinda need a stock, so why not get
a good one that will last a long time and will work for what you want? $3,000.00 or
$300.00... If I am going to spend money, I am going to get good shit.

Skill is no excuse for owning junk.

I should probably clarify.  Im not in any way advocating buying junk parts as I firmly believe in you get what you pay for.  Sometimes the lower cost option is an acceptable trade off to what you want to use the item for.  That said, the OP should buy whatever stock suits his needs.  I just know that in this field, like all others, some stuff is horribly overpriced for what it is/does.  CAA makes good equipment from what Ive seen and read.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top