Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/10/2015 12:32:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee]
Okay - Revised OP with adjustments and feedback to try to make everything a little bit simpler, but still meet the intent, and utilizing the "Spoiler" tags to make the whole thing less unwieldy to read.  Clicking on the "Spoiler" tag will expand each section for more detail, while clicking on it again will collapse the section back down.

"I'm Up. He Sees Me.  I'm Down." Individual Movement and Combat Shooting Virtual Challenge

The intent of this challenge is two-fold.

1) To challenge shooters to practice the Individual Movement Technique (IMT) of the "3-5 Second Bound."  The 3-5 Second Bound is the basic building block and foundation of tactical movement, and is focused on advancing towards the enemy, while limiting exposure to incoming fire, in order to close with, and destroy the enemy.  

2) To create a challenge that takes advantage of technology and media to create a virtual version of a "run and gun" competition that almost anyone can easily execute on their own, and on their own schedule by replicating the course of fire, using minimal assets - but receive feedback, and an opportunity to be competitively scored against other shooters all over the country, and potentially the world.

While assets requirements are minimal, there are, however, some prerequisites that participants must have access to in order to take part in this challenge:

PREREQUISITES (click on "Spoiler" tag to expand):

Click To View Spoiler

In addition to these prerequisites - the challenge requires the following equipment (click on "Spoiler" tag to expand):

EQUIPMENT LIST:

Click To View Spoiler
SCENARIO (click on "Spoiler" tag to expand):

Click To View Spoiler
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:

In order to enter the challenge, each shooter will submit to the forum -

1) A video recording from the 3rd person of the shooter executing the course of fire - if no assistant is available - shooters may film themselves, as long as the video adheres to the following requirements

The video can be static or moving, as long as it clearly shows the shooter executing the bounding movements and closing with the target.  The video must begin before the starting signal, and end after the counter-attack.  The video will be uploaded to YouTube and/or embedded into the shooter's post on the forum.  

2) Additionally, the shooter will submit a clear photograph of their target after scoring - the shooter will self-score their own target based on the rubric provided below, and write their own round additions and subtractions on the paper.  

3) The shooter will also submit a photograph of their rifle that they fired the course of fire with, as well as their pistol, if applicable - with a parts list.  

RANGE SETUP AND COURSE OF FIRE:

Range Setup:

A single target composed of a single, clean sheet of white, 8.5x11" printer paper, oriented vertically (shorter face at the top and bottom, taller than it is wide) with no aiming points, bullseyes, or other points of reference on it placed at 100 yards.  

Optionally, the shooter may choose to place one (1) simulated barrier, anywhere on the course between 100 yards and 15 yards from the target.

Course of Fire:

1) The shooter will begin at the starting line with all their equipment on their person, prepared to execute the course of fire, to include their rifle, magazines, and sidearm (optional).  The shooter's sidearm may be loaded, with a round chambered, only if carried in a holster.  The shooter's rifle will be in a "GREEN" status: Weapon on "SAFE," no rounds chambered, no magazine loaded.

2) The course of fire will be initiated by some audible or visible signal - to include, but not limited to, a whistle, a flare, someone shouting "ASSAULT, ASSAULT, ASSAULT," a shot-timer buzzer, a starter's pistol or blank round, etc.

3) The shooter will then run from the starting line to the target, and physically touch the target, before running back to the starting line, where the shooter will load and make ready their weapon.

4) Once the shooter has loaded their weapon, they will have up to five (5) seconds to take up a prone position and fire one (1) engagement (a minimum of three (3) rounds) at the target.  

5) The shooter then gets up, and moves down range for 3-5 seconds before dropping down again, into a prone position.  Once in the prone, the shooter has up to five (5) seconds to fire on the target.  

6) The shooter repeats this as many times as necessary until reaching the 15 yard line, firing at least one engagement (at least 3 rounds) between 100-75 yards, 75-50 yards, 50-25 yard, and 25-0 yards.

7) Once the shooter reaches the 15 yard line, the shooter will advance on the target, closing to within at least 5 yards of the target, turn around, run back to the starting line, take up a prone position, and fire one engagement (at least 3 rounds) at the target.  The course of fire ends when the shooter indicates that their final engagement is over by rising from the prone position.  

ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS:

The shooter must fire a minimum of six (6) engagements of three (3) rounds each -

1. 100 yards
2. Between 100-75 yards
3. Between 75-50 yards
4. Between 50-25 yards
5. Between 25-0 yards
6. 100 yards

...accounting for eighteen (18) total rounds fired out of thirty (30).  The shooter will be responsible for budgeting the remaining twelve (12) rounds, and determining where and when and how to shoot them, or they may elect to accept a point penalty for unfired rounds after the conclusion of the course of fire.  

However, the shooter must ALSO fire their weapon at the target on EVERY bound, each time they return to the prone position or they will receive a time penalty.  

If the shooter runs out of ammunition before completing the course of fire, they will be disqualified, however, if they are carrying the optional sidearm, they may choose to complete the course of fire with their sidearm.  

If the shooter chooses to emplace the optional barrier - the shooter is permitted to fire from a kneeling position, rather than taking up a prone position AT THAT LOCATION ONLY.  The barrier MUST already be in place before the shooter begins the course of fire, and be visible on the shooter's video.

The shooter may not bound to closer than 15 yards from the target, however, they must continue to advance forward on foot towards the target to within at least 5 yards

SCORING:

Scoring will be accomplished by a combined "Points" and "Time" score.

Shooters will be responsible for calculating their own "Points" and submitting this time, along with a photograph of their scored target, to be submitted in a forum post along with their video, and photograph of the weapon(s) used.  

Time will be scored BY PRE-SELECTED JUDGES who will review each shooter's video and calculate the Time Score based on the following guidelines - THE SHOOTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING TRACK OF THEIR OWN TIME SCORE - JUST SUBMIT THE VIDEO

Once the Points and Time scores are calculated - they will be added together to produce a combined score.  The goal is the lowest possible combined score.

Each participant will calculate their "Points" score individually and submit a photograph of their scored target - SEE EXAMPLE

The "Points" represent the shooting component of the exercise - and is based on the number of holes on the paper, the number of rounds left in your magazine, and the number of misses.  

Explanation (click on "Spoiler" tag to expand):

Click To View Spoiler  
TIME:

Time will be scored BY PRE-SELECTED JUDGES who will review each shooter's video and calculate the Time Score based on the following guidelines - THE SHOOTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING TRACK OF THEIR OWN TIME SCORE - JUST SUBMIT THE VIDEO

Shooters will be scored on a combined "Exposure Time" and "Elapsed Time" scoring method.

Once the signal to start has been given, the shooter's Elapsed Time begins.  

The shooter may take up to five (5) seconds each time they take a prone position (or kneeling position at the optional barricade) of Defilade Time to fire on the target, reload, clear stoppages, etc.

After five (5) seconds of Defilade Time, the shooter has five (5) seconds to execute their next bound, and move to their next position.  As this time represents the time during which the shooter is exposed to enemy fire, it is considered Exposure Time.    

Exposure Time stops being counted once the shooter has closed within at least 5 yards of the target and has turned around and has begun moving back to the starting line to react to the counter-attack.  

The final time score total will be calculated as the overall time elapsed PLUS Exposure Time.  

TIME PENALTIES (click on "Spoiler" tag to expand):

Click To View Spoiler
DIVISIONS:

There will be six (6) total Divisions, subdivided based on the following categories (click on "Spoiler" tag to expand):

1) Military/Subcompact/Slick
2) Military/Subcompact/Full Kit
3) Military/Long Gun/Slick
4) Military/Long Gun/Full Kit
5) Unlimited/Slick
6) Unlimited/Full Kit

Click To View Spoiler
OKAY, SO WHAT DO I GET FOR WINNING?:

At least one (1) KAC Black, 11-Rib RAS Rail Cover per Division.  

Additional prizes TBA.

~Augee
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Earlier draft version of the challenge (disregard):

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:47:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#1]
Much bettah.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Placeholder till I can get some guys together to run this.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:51:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#3]
Click To View Spoiler

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Just read the OP thoroughly (I wanted to give it a solid read before commenting) and it sounds like a great COF and scoring system. And it definitely should be a great learning tool and get people out on the range in a more active manner.

I wish you had put this out a month or two ago, while I was just sitting around with nothing to do.

I'll be busy with a new job coming up, but I will make every attempt to get to a range and drag a friend out with a phone. And if you need volunteers to assist with evaluation, let me know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:17:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#5]
EXTENSIVE EDIT TO THE OP TO CLARIFY AND ADD VISUAL AIDS - PLEASE GO BACK AND RE-READ

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm fucking IN bitch.

And I mean that in the most derogatory of ways ;)
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#7]
In like a ma-fucka
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:04:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: demoMouse] [#8]
Suggestion: Pistol misses are derogatory.
all you have to do is hit a piece of paper. Speed wins, but so does accuracy. Cant have unaccounted for rounds on your 15-6 investigation!

Also will be a slice of humble pie for those who think they can get quick shots on target for a guy at 50m.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck yeah I'm in
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:07:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#10]
Would be in but I just parted out my block II, only thing close now is the Mk18.

*edit just saw thread title says Mk18
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Rajun, can we run this next Friday at my house?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll go ahead and send you my address for the prize!

I'll see what I can come up with today. Sucks though because the rain finally ended and it was supposed to be calm, well it's blowing 25-30mph. I hate shooting in wind but that's life. Should be fun other than the wind noise in the camera. I'll try to have it all done and posted by tonight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:56:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#13]
I'm placing the order for the M4A1 and CQBR shirts on Monday with and I'm expecting to tack on an extra shirt or two for each size (Small through 2XL).

I can send a shirt of choice to the winner.

Courtesy of critical-precision.net (my own shill)

Videos would be good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
Rajun, can we run this next Friday at my house?
View Quote

Tldr lol

But sure
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:32:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#15]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I just did it. Holy shit I am out of shape. Working on a vid now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#17]
You need a pulling guard event, just to add to the sense of realism. Have everyone stand in a small plywood  box for 2-3 hours with an annoying guy yammering at them and Afghan kids begging for food or ripits, then run the course of fire.

Might be hard to source the kids, though.

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#18]
Awesome idea, just don't have any interest in spending money on a clone.  I'm really excited about seeing these vids.  Voted yes... have the space... just don't have a clone.  Unless someone has seen a BCM 11.5 "in the wild" ???
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
You need a pulling guard event, just to add to the sense of realism. Have everyone stand in a small plywood  box for 2-3 hours with an annoying guy yammering at them and Afghan kids begging for food or ripits, then run the course of fire.

View Quote

I'm down to play an afghan kid for the event. My credentials are I'm really good at begging and throwing rocks at convoys.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I've got some kids I can rent out for that. At a reasonable cost, too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:56:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nameless_Hobo] [#21]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Sounds like we're good to go on that. Now you just need to devise events like "how to use a dirty portashitter with out dipping your rifle into it," "Clean until finish wears off," and "carry your rifle around while trying to do day to day tasks." That'll give a much more realistic insight into military life

On a serious note, if I can find some land to do this on, I'll try to get a video posted. If nothing else, it's something fun and different to do. Not every shooting event or shooting related thing has to be dead serious.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Let me know if I can be of any help Augee. A bullet button will restrict me from participating with any real speed, but I still may run it for shits and gigs. We'll see if I can use my buddy's orchard.

Let me know on the help thing, and thank you for setting this up/ trying to paint us in a more positive light. It's not un-noticed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Wormydog1987:
https://youtu.be/HH3Vjg2GbqY
View Quote

A) I think this is a great visual aid for people to understand the course of fire, and great shooting. Awesome job!

B) I'm jealous of your backyard range.

That is all.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Bar is set
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ankratz:

Bar is set
View All Quotes

Bar is set

Very low. haha
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I know the targets are wrong. I like shooting steel and I always have my steel setup. They are TacStrike 1/4 scale targets, they're 18x9.5" so they're kinda close.
And I didn't set up a barricade, I meant to but actually forgot.

I'm not sure if I ran the course of fire correctly like Augee wanted, but I did find out that it was way harder than I was anticipating. The 100-75y off hand shots after running were a bitch.
I'll be running this again, but probably not today. haha
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
That looked and sounded exhausting.  Which makes me sadder to point out you had virtually no defilade time.

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Very low. haha
View All Quotes

Bar is set

Very low. haha

Meh. You did good man. Elevated heart rate and no magnification makes it very tough to get hits without a shit load of training on exactly that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#30]
I know the targets are wrong. I like shooting steel and I always have my steel setup. They are TacStrike 1/4 scale targets, they're 18x9.5" so they're kinda close.
And I didn't set up a barricade, I meant to but actually forgot.

I'm not sure if I ran the course of fire correctly like Augee wanted, but I did find out that it was way harder than I was anticipating. The 100-75y off hand shots after running were a bitch.
I'll be running this again, but probably not today. haha
View Quote

I'm pretty sure you shot the course as described. The vid is good as a demo of the shooting, if for nothing else.

Good on you for being the first to step up and do it.

Augee, if I can't find someone to run a cam for me-

Is one stationary cam (phone) and one body cam (GoPro) sufficient if I get a clear shot of the target all in one long shot? Similar to what Wormy did, but with a shot of the target at the end (it will all be one long shot, no cuts).

Or is it absolutely necessary to have a second person?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By shade_1313:
That looked and sounded exhausting.  Which makes me sadder to point out you had virtually no defilade time.  
View All Quotes

I know. I run slow and I'm out of shape.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

So am I.  No illusions about being competitive.  But that excess ET is going to absolutely wreck your score, if I understand the method correctly.

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:49:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wormydog1987] [#33]
So am I.  No illusions about being competitive.  But that excess ET is going to absolutely wreck your score, if I understand the method correctly.  
View All Quotes

I didn't think DT was mandatory.

I understood as meaning each time I move up, I get 7 seconds to engage the target and move again, ET.
If I choose I can take some DT for up to 5 seconds and it wouldn't count against my ET.

I just pretty much went ET the whole time to try to keep my overall time down because I know I run slow. haha
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Mandatory, no.  But you pick up ten penalty seconds per excess (more than 7) second spent in ET without a DT break.  So, again if I am reading it right, after your first seven seconds running the course following the touch and go, you might as well multiply your time by ten, until you hit the ground at the end.

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#35]

I understood as meaning each time I move up, I get 7 seconds to engage the target and move again, ET.
If I choose I can take some DT for up to 5 seconds and it wouldn't count against my ET.

I just pretty much went ET the whole time to try to keep my overall time down because I know I run slow. haha
View All Quotes

If you don't drop to the prone and take your DT, you incur a 1 second penalty for every 0.1 second over 7 seconds of ET ( that's a stiff penalty)

So, going by the time scoring, after your first 7 seconds of ET (starting when you chambered your first round), you were constantly incurring time penalties.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Haha well FML.

I'm a 3 gun guy, cut me a break! We run against the clock.

I understand this isn't what this is about so I'll be sure I completely understand the course of fire for next time. It was fun tho!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#37]

If you don't drop to the prone and take your DT, you incur a 1 second penalty for every 0.1 second over 7 seconds of ET ( that's a stiff penalty)

So, going by the time scoring, after your first 7 seconds of ET (starting when you chambered your first round), you were constantly incurring time penalties.
View Quote

I'm assuming you can shoot during this DT.  If I put up a barrier at 100, 76, 45, and 20 (something like that) would that be g2g or is it a one barrier deal?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By thornejc:
I'm assuming you can shoot during this DT.  If I put up a barrier at 100, 76, 45, and 20 (something like that) would that be g2g or is it a one barrier deal?
View All Quotes

As soon as you pull the trigger, you go from DT to ET.  One barrier, only.

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

In the OP it says that once you fire from your prone/barricaded position, it begins your ET for your next bound. And it also says only one barrier allowed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]

In the OP it says that once you fire from your prone/barricaded position, it begins your ET for your next bound. And it also says only one barrier allowed.
View All Quotes

Reading ... sorry about that.  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

No worries.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's how I see it.  If you're taking offensive action towards the "enemy", either by advancing or shooting, you're exposed.  If you're hiding for too long, and have given the enemy's buds a chance to maneuver on your hides hole, you're exposed.  If you're exposed for too long, you take "incoming fire" penalties in the form of time added to your score.

The only thing unclear to me, augee, is the time when you're moving from close contact back to the starting line.  Is that ET?  My guess is "no", but I'm interested in your answer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's how I see it.  If you're taking offensive action towards the "enemy", either by advancing or shooting, you're exposed.  If you're hiding for too long, and have given the enemy's buds a chance to maneuver on your hides hole, you're exposed.  If you're exposed for too long, you take "incoming fire" penalties in the form of time added to your score.

The only thing unclear to me, augee, is the time when you're moving from close contact back to the starting line.  Is that ET?  My guess is "no", but I'm interested in your answer.
View Quote

Good question. I would guess no as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#44]

View All Quotes

Yup, Exposure Time stops being counted once you close within five yards of the target.  

Running back to the 100 yard line is a rangism - the assumption is that the counter-attack would approach from a distance - and I wanted to a) keep the course of fire down to a 100 yard range requirement (seems most accessible to the largest number of people) and b) only need to use a single target to score the whole thing.  

I assume that most people would go to a prone position if there were no exposure time to engage the 100 yard target, but that's not really a requirement.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Its just "I'm up, he sees me, I'm down" right? Prone, shoot, up, bound, prone and shoot again, correct? Also, would retro clones be allowed? The closest modern clone I have is a 300blk CQBR pistol but I'll be finishing up an A1 upper that could go on my A2 lower with A1 grip and buttstock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Wormydog -

I want to first thank you for being the first to try out the course of fire and posting your video, I definitely appreciate it a great deal!

However... I hate to say...

The other members are right about the "going prone" and "Defilade Time."  

The "idea" behind this exercise is to simulate an assault on an enemy in a fixed position - your [unit] has already initiated fire on the objective - so by now, they know you're coming to get them - they're looking for you, and they're going to be shooting at you when they see you coming.  

You "Exposure Time" is the time during which you've "announced" yourself to the enemy, either by firing at them, or by getting up from your position and starting to run.  Once you do either of those things - they know where you are.

The "bounding overwatch technique" is a movement technique where a unit moves in two distinct elements (can be a two man team, a four man team, a squad, a platoon, etc.) - a "maneuvering element" and a "supporting element."  

In each successive bound, the two elements swap roles - so, when you get up and are running - you're the maneuvering element.  At this time, your supporting element is providing cover fire, attempting to suppress the element, and keep their attention off of you while you're exposed.  

Once you hit the ground and get set - you become the supporting element - when you start firing, your maneuvering element is going to do the same thing, get up, start running, and get back down into position, where you swap roles back and forth.  

The "tool" that's usually used is the spoken phrase "I'm up, he sees me, I'm down."  For most people, said at a calm cadence - saying this phrase takes about three seconds.  It represents the reaction time where you get up, your enemy realizes that you're exposed, and attempts to draw a bead at you and shoot you.  The "idea" is that you hit the ground behind a piece of cover before the enemy gets a chance to get his/her sights on you.  The basic individual movement technique is generally known as the "three to five second rush/bound."  

Anything more than three to five seconds - you've given the enemy enough time and enough of a chance to see you, react, and kill you.  

Basically - going prone is not "technically mandatory," but as others have point out - after you got back to the starting line the first time - every second after the first seven seconds, until you took a knee, you were exposed - and accumulated a ten second penalty for each second.  

I'm not trying to be harsh - and like I said - thank you again for being willing to put yourself out there and give it a try, I definitely appreciate it!  

I'm working, as we speak, on at least putting together some MS Paint pictures and re-doing the original post to make the course of fire much more clear, you just went out and did it before I got a chance to - good on ya!  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I am working on re-vamping the original post to make things a little bit clearer.  

I assure you - I had no idea the OP was going to end up being as long as it was until I finished writing it.  

To clarify, though, since it's come up a couple of times -

This is not a clone exclusive event any longer - the thread was inspired by military clones, and initially geared towards it - but ANYONE can participate.

There will be two major categories - Military Rifles and Replicas (clones), and Unlimited (any build you want to use).  

Military Rifles and Replicas can be ANY military rifle from any era used by any country.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Brother I don't take it as harsh at all. I'm not .mil and I have no clue as far as tactics go. That's why I'm here, to learn. I'm a 3 gunner, a gamer. Shoot as fast as I can, neutralizing targets no matter how many rounds it takes, as long as it's fast. That's not the way to do it in the real world I'm sure. But it's fun lol. This was fun too and showed me what I need to do. I'll be doing this again and might make another video, doing it the correct way. Haha
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#49]
In like Flynn this deployment can't be over any sooner!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By Augee:

I am working on re-vamping the original post to make things a little bit clearer.  

I assure you - I had no idea the OP was going to end up being as long as it was until I finished writing it.  

To clarify, though, since it's come up a couple of times -

This is not a clone exclusive event any longer - the thread was inspired by military clones, and initially geared towards it - but ANYONE can participate.

There will be two major categories - Military Rifles and Replicas (clones), and Unlimited (any build you want to use).  

Military Rifles and Replicas can be ANY military rifle from any era used by any country.  

~Augee
View Quote
Hey, a use for the C8 SFW upper I got from BCM...although I don't have anything like a spec optic for it.  booooo.  Oh well, back to "unlimited".  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top