Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/2/2003 7:26:22 PM EDT
I know the current Colts have larger trigger and hammer pins, sear block, etc. On the SP1 series, are the trigger, hammer, fire control parts standard/mil-spec? I know the front takedown pin is 3/8".

TIA,

TS
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:41:03 PM EDT
Really? GG
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:35:29 PM EDT
TS, Yes, the hammer and trigger pins are mil-spec on the SP1s. A "general" rule of thumb is if the front pivot pin is mil-spec the FCG pins aren't and if the front pivot pin is large the FCG pins are mil-spec. There may be some exceptions to this but I have never seen a semi-auto Colt with mil-spec pivot and FCG pins. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:53:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By M4arc: TS, Yes, the hammer and trigger pins are mil-spec on the SP1s. A "general" rule of thumb is if the front pivot pin is mil-spec the FCG pins aren't and if the front pivot pin is large the FCG pins are mil-spec. There may be some exceptions to this but I have never seen a semi-auto Colt with mil-spec pivot and FCG pins. Hope this helps!
View Quote
I believe Troy says something like....."Colt is the master of the exception."
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:12:16 PM EDT
Thanks! I thought that was right, but it had been a while since I had seen, heard or talked about it. TS Makes me want a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 6:12:53 PM EDT by Dirk_Pitt]
Good! That will leave more Colts for the rest of us. [:D] Dirk
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:47:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dirk_Pitt: Good! That will leave more Colts for the rest of us. [:D] Dirk
View Quote
I have two Colts and have owned four others.... I would just like to be able to use one kind of standard parts., hence Bushmaster. TS
Top Top