Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/14/2004 12:14:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
  Not saying youre wrong but, I bought 1 an hour ago, the restricted version, allso check their website.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
  allso check their website.

What did I miss?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
SAW is selling LEO rifles and lowers. Maybe they're special.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
  Not saying youre wrong but, I bought 1 an hour ago, the restricted version, allso check their website.

who did you buy it from?

Colt direct?
dealer?
distributor?

just curious.........
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
if you are right gundealer

then SCREW COLT!

everyone should take thier bussiness ELSEWHERE;
colt aint the only ar makers, just the dumbest, most idiotical, anti- citizen gun manufacture in the US of A
LEOs and military should also stay away from colt, cause they will have to increase prices to make up for the neglected private citizen market

(if you are right gundealer)

buy bushmaster or another brand
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]
not suprised,what do yoy mean check their website?...........nothing has changed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]
  I geuss it depends on what rifle we are talking about a bought a no ban style patrolmans carbine this morning from a dealer and put 3 more on layaway. Colt is a little to late to change their minds now. If what you are saying is right then colt is betraying us, all of us that have fought for it for so long, we get our rights back and they cow over? Doas't sound right... I wont have probs though all 4 were sold to me this morning, I just have to finish paying for all of them!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I just tried to call Colt customer service.  They are already closed.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#10]
when I bought my preban colt, a Colt Sporter Comp HBAR with m4 profile colt 1:7 16" barrel, the seller noted that the "professionally removed sear block."

I guess I'm not sure what a sear block is, but maybe it has something to do with that?

Thoughts?

E (Qiii)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Sell those rifles and buy Bushmaster.

If they realized the profit they get off thise LEO craze, they would be all the wiser to keep making them for us.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Called Colt this morning to order more rifles. I was told That I COULD NOT sell them to civilians, no matter what the law says I can do.

I said ok. What rifle do you plan to offer for civilian sales that is the equivelant? they said "Nothing, if the civilains want AR's they'll have to buy the Match Targets". They said they are not going to sell pre ban configured rifles to civilians and if the distributors do, they won't sell to them.

WOW! What do we say to that?

buy Bushmaster stock!!!!

Gundealer3

Edit - I forgot who GunDealer3 really is for a minute. I thought at first this was just another Colt bashing thread.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Without commenting on the accuracy of the report, since I have no direct knowledge; it really doesn't surprise me.  Colt has, for years, tried to get out of the AR market.  Remember, most of their stock is owned by the State of Connecticut--one of the most anti gun states in the union;  and with their production lines going full blast, I suspect, on govt M4 orders, they don't think they need civie business.

They've done this before, during Viet Nam.  Hell, the ONLY reason they brought out the SP1 was because they had a bunch of militarily unusable forgings that were totally flat sided, and they had to do something with them. Somehow they have the fantasy that military busuness is going to last forever, so all they need to sell to civilians are the grossly overpriced Single Action Army pieces from their custom shop.

When I can get milsurp Colt uppers and barrels to use on my builds, I'll use them; but Colt itself has not gotten a penny of my money for over 25 years, and won't in the future either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sell those rifles and buy Bushmaster.

I would if Bushmaster could get their QC together.  I'll hang onto my Colt LE6920, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#17]
  I bought mine through my brother (dealer) and got an excellent deal on them. I bought that many because I think either way they wont be around for long and since colt doas not sell lowers alone these are going to be an investment. Now the way things are sounding you guys better try to get them before the chance is gone
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#18]
"I bought that many because I think either way they wont be around for long and since colt doas not sell lowers alone these are going to be an investment."

Ever taken a look in the Shotgun News??????? Colt lowers all over the place there.

Screw Colt----time for all gun companies to do right by very people that puts food on their table---Smith and Wesson-----Ruger and others need to learn this lesson also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Just put  a Bushy barrel on my Colt.  Bushy extension looks better than the Colt.  Which is better, who knows!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#20]
LE Marked Lowers?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#21]
just like we dont support gun control groups, we should not support gun companies that do not support us

friends support and help friends

buy another brand
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#22]
If colt is not selling 4 positon collapsable stocks, then who is selling them.  I need a few with the colt markings on them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Called Colt this morning to order more rifles. I was told That I COULD NOT sell them to civilians, no matter what the law says I can do.

I said ok. What rifle do you plan to offer for civilian sales that is the equivelant? they said "Nothing, if the civilains want AR's they'll have to buy the Match Targets". They said they are not going to sell pre ban configured rifles to civilians and if the distributors do, they won't sell to them.

buy Bushmaster stock!!!!

Gundealer3

SteyrAUG!

Do you concur?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

buy Bushmaster stock!!!!

Gundealer3

That is just completely FUBAR. Damn lawyers! I guess I am SOL with a Colt. O'well I just buy BM instead. Also, maybe AR15.com should be XM15.com?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I think that the answer is to help Colt get out of the AR market.

You know what I mean?

Let them keep their rifles...

But maybe that's just me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Put me in the not surprised column.
I didn't think rifles marked AR15 were going to be available.
And I'm damn dissapointed, but that's the only way I'm buying a rifle from Colt.
I don't have a problem with their product. I do have a problem with their politics.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Colt has had similiar positions in the past when it comes to civilian firearms, so this does not surprise me.

Edited to add:
Screw Colt!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#28]
If this is the case, I will get a Bushmaster  instead.  

+1 for changing the name of the site. Why support a company that wont suport you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#29]
are these people stupid?

I read not long ago about a retired military guy taking over at Colt and promising to transform the once giant in the industry back to profitability....................well if this is his way of doing it, he's on drugs.

Bushmaster, Armalite, RR and the rest will run them over, as there is more to business than government contracts- much more

F...ing Cockweasels!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Even if this, or worse, is true, many of our members will still be huge colt fans regardless.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh to hell with Colt. The company itself sucks. I shot green label stuff as a kid, and to be honest a modern Olympic is a better rifle. I also gave up on their 1911's years ago. I don't know if this is true, what was written, but it doesn't suprise me and I could care less. I am a loyal Bushmaster, RRA, LMT, J&T/DSC, Armalite customer. I love Bushmaster rifles. IMHO, they are the finest AR's ever made.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#32]
We should all boycott Colt until they sell pre-bans on the civilian market.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck those guys, it's too bad the goverment has their teeth sunk in their brains.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#34]
No wonder the company has been going down the crapper for so many years, they sure don't know how to gain new customers.

Who the hell would buy a neutered Colt (AND pay more) instead of a properly configured Bushy or other brand AR?

I still enjoy my old Colt.  Maybe I should buy another, it might be a collectible after they go under...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I sent an E-mail to Mark at Colt. I will wait to pass judgment until I hear it from Colt directly. Hopefully this is a big misunderstanding and Colt is going to support the public. That would do a lot to bring Colt a level of respect that has been missing for awhile.
<--- As you can see from my Colt Combat Elite, I am a Colt fan. I really hope that they don't let me down.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I called Colt today, before I read this post, to see what their position was on increased distribution now that the AWB is caput.  Their answer to me was, more or less, "We will not be offering our AR15s to the public do to the increased demand from the department of defense and law enforcement."  This, if true, is understandable.  However, they very well could have been blowing smoke up my ass.  Not sure.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#37]
A dealer faced with this could do one of two things.
Place an order for thousands of AR's then cancel it because of the terms. Or place an order for thousands of AR's and the hell with colt sell them at a premium to idiots who just have to have a colt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Even if this, or worse, is true, many of our members will still be huge colt fans regardless.

That's because, like it or not, Colt builds a better rifle.  The troubleshooting forum is littered with the names of the other brands.  I won't buy another Bushmaster because of personal experiences and because they continue to use their customer base as cheap QC.  Ever wonder why their customer service is so good?  They get lots of practice.  I find it ironic that people want to boycott Colt because of their marketing policy and yet you let Bushmaster shove expensive, substandard parts down your throats.  As long as it looks cool, though, right?  Function be damned.  My gun is a tool and may have to save my life someday so I want the best.  As an aside, I've been pretty impressed with RRA and LMT stuff.  Maybe they will become major players soon.    
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
A dealer faced with this could do one of two things.
Place an order for thousands of AR's then cancel it because of the terms. Or place an order for thousands of AR's and the hell with colt sell them at a premium to idiots who just have to have a colt.

Look here to see some of the "idiots" you are referring to.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

buy Bushmaster stock!!!!

Gundealer3

bushmaster caved in and settled on the "sniper" shootings.  i may not buy any thing from either one if they don't straigten up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because, like it or not, Colt builds a better rifle.  The troubleshooting forum is littered with the names of the other brands.  I won't buy another Bushmaster because of personal experiences and because they continue to use their customer base as cheap QC.  Ever wonder why their customer service is so good?  They get lots of practice.  I find it ironic that people want to boycott Colt because of their marketing policy and yet you let Bushmaster shove expensive, substandard parts down your throats.  As long as it looks cool, though, right?  Function be damned.  My gun is a tool and may have to save my life someday so I want the best.  As an aside, I've been pretty impressed with RRA and LMT stuff.  Maybe they will become major players soon.    

To each his own, but I've never had a problem with either of the two Bushmasters I own.  They also go out of their way to support the civilian and non-LE market.  Might not mean alot to you but it means a whole shitload to me.

It's ironic that so many of the colt fanatics will turn right around & boycot Glock.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#42]
If Colt really does put the clamp on its LEO dealers and distributors, I think the Colt LEO rifles that are hitting the market will become the new "premium" pre-bans. Dave's Guns in Aurora just blew out his Colt LEO rifles for $1399 each and no one complained as they snapped them up. It seems Colt just loves to (inadvertantly) create restricted classes of firearms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To each his own, but I've never had a problem with either of the two Bushmasters I own.  They also go out of their way to support the civilian and non-LE market.  Might not mean alot to you but it means a whole shitload to me.

It's ironic that so many of the colt fanatics will turn right around & boycot Glock.

My Glock 21 is my favorite pistol.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Forget Colt. I would rather buy my stuff thru RRA anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Glad I picked up my LE6920 today
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Glad I picked up my LE6920 today

Where'd you grab it from...I'm searching for one????
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If your rifle is a tool that you may use to save your life one day, would it not make more sense to go with a model that has a FH so that your postion is not compromised as quickly. Also if you were to be defending yourself in a MOUT environment (like your home), that collapsible stock might be pretty damn important.
Fuck Colt
Ever since I learned the truth about AR companies and parts, I will continue to build my own. If I was to buy- RRA or BM.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Jim-

So Colt is saying if you sell LEOs to civilians, they will cut you off as a dealer of their products? Or are they going to TRY to take some kind of legal action against you? Since legal action seems a little too bizarre, what else can they do but cut you off?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

bushmaster caved in and settled on the "sniper" shootings.  i may not buy any thing from either one if they don't straigten up.

Every gun maker has settled out of court on AD/ND/CRIME shootings. Everyone. Glock has settled on at least 20.  It is not possible to be in the gun business and not get sued, and settling out of court is usually the best business decision.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I have said it before and I will say it again...

Cuck Folt!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top