Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/11/2003 5:40:21 AM EDT
Okay guys,

What's the going rate for a blue-label Colt preban these days? It's a slab side with a standard mil-spec barrel (minus the bayo-lug) and flash hider. No dings, scratches or other marks anywhere on it. Oh, and it's never been fired.

Reason I'm asking is I''ve got a friend who has one and I'm thinking of picking it up if I can get it for a fair price. Thoughts?

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:14:46 AM EDT
If it is original Blue Label with no lug and a sear price would be $1,400. I would try and find a green label if you are thinking of investing that kind of money. Also, I believe that the Blue and Green Labels with no lug came with a free .22 conversion from Colt. If he is original owner see if he will toss it in. Good luck. BTW, the Green Label will be marked "A2". When the AWB sunsets Colt will still not be able to sell these to the public.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:26:01 AM EDT
A2.HBAR, LIGHTWEIGHT. Does it have the box?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:25:27 AM EDT
Wow, thanks for the info guys! I had one of these long ago and sold it just prior to 94 (my mistake) to get a BM HBAR. Mine didn't come with the conversion but was a real nice shooter that I used for DCM. I know the one I'm looking at doesn't have the conversion kit and is the A2 configuration. It does have the annoying Colt block in it. Sadly, no box or paperwork. :-( But I've looked it over in some detail. Only shelf and handling wear to it. -SARguy
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:42:39 AM EDT
Ones that have never been fired might go for more than the $1400. I have seen people asking (I don't know if their getting)$2000+ all of the time for new ones. It would be more valuable if it had the box and paperwork. One that is unfired would get a premium for being a collectors item.
Top Top