Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 2:58:19 PM EDT
I think I have an oportunity to aquire a pre-ban unfired colt ar15, colapsable stock, heavy barrel, bayonet lug, original case, etc......for $1000. :)

That price is as good as I think it is, isn't it???
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
just based on what you provided [b]YES![/b]

Would like more details though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds excellent, maybe awesome.  It would be interesting to know what the first few letters and numbers of the s/n are, that way we could give you more details.  If it happens to be BD000134 or under, grab it and run like hell![:D]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I would buy just about any Preban Colt AR15, AR15II, or Sporter for $1,000.00

If its an SP1 its a conditional buy.  If it's a Match Target it's a post ban..

Things to look for that add value. Standard sized from takedown pivot hole. Lower drilled for milspec take dowen pin parts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually it was bought by a family member (in-law) in law enforcement just before ban, early 90s. Bought it using his badge (leo discount, etc.)  He has since retired and never fired it. I haven't seen it yet, but said it's still in the origanal case and he hardly ever took it out.

No idea about the serial numbers, does any of this info help narrow down any specifics??

I did forget to ask if it had the detachable handle??? Rats, did they all come that way back then??
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The ban started September 13, 1994.  As long as your in law purchased the rifle before this date, you should be ok.  He/she is probably doubling his/her money, but you still make out like a bandit.  Ask if he/she still has the receipt/papers, or you can get the serial number and call Colt and confirm it's pre/post status.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top