Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:04:42 PM EDT
I don't post here much anymore, but I couldn't let Ekie, _DR & cult miss out on this one:

Links to auctions are not allowed here. If you want to see more pics of this GUN, call your BROKER and sell some stock 'cause the "Buy It Now" price is $3000.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 9:45:08 PM EDT by MEI2757935]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:58:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MEI2757935:
img207.imageshack.us/img207/6275/whoop0ag0pf.jpg

My dad used to tell me, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

interesting rifle, I woulnd't mind know the story behind that one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:06:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FROST18E:

img207.imageshack.us/img207/6275/whoop0ag0pf.jpg</a>

My dad used to tell me, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

interesting rifle, I woulnd't mind know the story behind that one.

Yeah, it's crap like that that causes me to also spend less and less time on this site.

I'm curious as well. Kinda like coins that are misprinted and now more valuable as collectors because they are mistakes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:49:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 4:49:45 AM EDT by Lancelot]

img207.imageshack.us/img207/6275/whoop0ag0pf.jpg</a>

Its this kind of childish crap that caused Kisara and a lot of other good people to adandon this site. Guess once it goes down the toilet, it can't be brought back....

Nice pics "Obi-Wan". Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:04:06 AM EDT
Yeah! The baby Jesus Cried from that vicous reply!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:04:25 AM EDT

Why did I even log on this morning

...oh well, at least you made my arfcom day a short one.

BTW: Cool pic Kisara
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:30:49 AM EDT

Wow, that is just sad. What is the point of that?

Anyway, nice pics. I wonder if it is a mistake or some sort of demo or one off.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:17:21 AM EDT
We need a candle light vigil and counceling for you guys! Oh the HUMANITY!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:23:18 AM EDT
Back on topic.

Would you know the story behind that rifle Kisara?

Does'nt it seem that the markings were just filed off?

Either way, thank's for sharing.

Originally Posted By Kisara:
I don't post here much anymore, but I couldn't let Ekie, _DR & cult miss out on this one:

i2.tinypic.com/qxqh02.jpg
i2.tinypic.com/qxqhae.jpg

Links to auctions are not allowed here. If you want to see more pics of this GUN, call your BROKER and sell some stock 'cause the "Buy It Now" price is $3000.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:24:56 AM EDT
i agree, this site has taken a plunge with the rash or newbs and wanna be ganstas posting stupid shit.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:31:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
i agree, this site has taken a plunge with the rash or newbs and wanna be ganstas posting stupid shit.

I also hate those guys that always say "try the search button".

LOL
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:19:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lt557:

LOL

a lot of the threads started have been brought up or discussed within a few post or the first couple of pages. would it not make sense to have a page full of new info than a page full of the same topic worded differently?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:56:17 AM EDT
Of course I did not miss that one, it is in the SP1 data base. Thanks for bringing up though, maybe I should add it to the "ugly colt" thread?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:21:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:20:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ekie:
Of course I did not miss that one, it is in the SP1 data base. Thanks for bringing up though, maybe I should add it to the "ugly colt" thread?

Come on Ekie...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At least there are no forging slag marks all under the anodizing and the finish appears to be smooth and even.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:53:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Come on Ekie...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At least there are no forging slag marks all under the anodizing and the finish appears to be smooth and even.

Well, I did put a ? in there, and did not add it. But, I am sure there is a nasty slag seem here and there on that rifle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:00:12 PM EDT

Well, I did put a ? in there, and did not add it. But, I am sure there is a nasty slag seem here and there on that rifle.

You want to see nasty slag marks, you should've seen my Colt M16 serial number range 9050XXX before I committed the cardinal sin of having her refinished by Norrell. It had so many forging slag marks along the right side of the receiver it was appalling. Norrell said it was one of the worst he'd ever seen. He lightly sandblasted the slag out and refinished it in Colt Gray. I bought it from Dennis Todd after he assured me it was the nicest 95% rifle in the batch he'd taken in from a PD.

I actually really wish I had left it as it came from the factory; live and learn. I'll never make that mistake again. I'm about to send the lower off to Victor at US Anodizing to have a proper Colt Gray re-applied to the lower.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:12:18 PM EDT

You want to see nasty slag marks, you should've seen my Colt M16 serial number range 9050XXX before I committed the cardinal sin of having her refinished by Norrell. It had so many forging slag marks along the right side of the receiver it was appalling. Norrell said it was one of the worst he'd ever seen. He lightly sandblasted the slag out and refinished it in Colt Gray. I bought it from Dennis Todd after he assured me it was the nicest 95% rifle in the batch he'd taken in from a PD.

I actually really wish I had left it as it came from the factory; live and learn. I'll never make that mistake again. I'm about to send the lower off to Victor at US Anodizing to have a proper Colt Gray re-applied to the lower.

Victor is the man.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:23:04 PM EDT
Here's a link to the original ad:

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=43979838

interesting, everything slips thru once in a while

This one seem kinda major though, since all firearms require Manufacturer's info

a little steep tho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
original ad said:

Used Colt SP1 AR-15 .223 with missing roll marks! Your chance to own a one of a kind Colt rifle. Somehow this 1970's Colt slipped past the inspectors and left the factory without all of the lower receiver stampings! Missing stampings are "Colt firearms Div. & the Safe/Fire" marks. This rifle has been in my collection for several years and always draws attention. Included with the rifle are the following accessories: 2-20rnd Colt AR-15 magazines, Imperial M7 bayonet & 1970's era military sling. Rifle will ship in a new hard case to your FFL via UPS. Use "Buy It Now" and I will pay all shipping to include next day air. This rifle is not legal in all areas so know your local laws before bidding! Armstrong's Armory www.armstrongsarmory.com (509)290-1873. Certified funds only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:48:54 PM EDT

Victor is the man.

I spoke with him over the phone a few weeks ago. Made me feel very confident sending him my lower. Now I just need to send it!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:53:02 PM EDT

Victor is the man.

I spoke with him over the phone a few weeks ago. Made me feel very confident sending him my lower. Now I just need to send it!

Also need to get some stuff boxed up and sent to Victor.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:57:31 PM EDT
Is it possible the markings were milled off this SP1? The selector stops look funny, but maybe it's just the absence of text framing it that makes it appear so.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:05:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By lt557:

LOL

Likewise I hate those guys who who have never heard of Google or the "search button"......

/nice photos

//you are wearing the wrong sized panties if they get in a wad that easily, scooter.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:34:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YardDogOne:

This one seem kinda major though, since all firearms require Manufacturer's info

a little steep tho

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
original ad said:

Used Colt SP1 AR-15 .223 with missing roll marks! Your chance to own a one of a kind Colt rifle. Somehow this 1970's Colt slipped past the inspectors and left the factory without all of the lower receiver stampings! Missing stampings are "Colt firearms Div. & the Safe/Fire" marks. This rifle has been in my collection for several years and always draws attention. Included with the rifle are the following accessories: 2-20rnd Colt AR-15 magazines, Imperial M7 bayonet & 1970's era military sling. Rifle will ship in a new hard case to your FFL via UPS. Use "Buy It Now" and I will pay all shipping to include next day air. This rifle is not legal in all areas so know your local laws before bidding! Armstrong's Armory www.armstrongsarmory.com (509)290-1873. Certified funds only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wouldnt something like this be a problem with no manufacture stamping?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:50:38 PM EDT
You are correct I would guess. Must have name of Manufacturer and city, state according to ATF. I can't even do an SBR on a Form 1 without that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:52:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YardDogOne:

a little steep tho

original ad said:

wouldnt something like this be a problem with no manufacture stamping?

Not long ago there was a letter posted here written by the ATF concerning that issue... It basically said all that needs to be one a lower is the serial numbers... I'll try and find the topic and post a link...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:57:13 PM EDT
The manufacturer is required to mark it a certain way. So if anyone was to get in trouble it would be Colt.

In regards to future transfers and possession, as long as you don't mess with the serial number you are OK.

Far as Federal law goes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:12:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2006 4:13:30 AM EDT by canters]

If that lower is a re-build or re-furb, the work looks seemless and factory, I must say, from the pics. Proof would be told in an up close look, I guess.
Top Top