Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2007 7:11:19 PM EDT
Ive got a colt sporter with a bad lower receiver. The part of the receiver that holds the buffer retaining pin and spring has split and fell apart. I had a local smith look at it and he tried to send it to the factory for replacement. They said it was too old and now Im stuck looking for a new lower receiver. Any companies make a lower with a large retaining pin hole?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Doesn't Colt have a lifetime warranty? I mean, that was a $500 pre-ban receiver, wasn't it? The pre-ban status is worth at least twice as much as the receiver itself!

Instead of going through the expense of having another lower modified to accept the large pins, i'd use an adapter pin. I currently have a colt sporter lower that I use with small pin uppers, and it works out fine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ive got a colt sporter with a bad lower receiver. The part of the receiver that holds the buffer retaining pin and spring has split and fell apart. I had a local smith look at it and he tried to send it to the factory for replacement. They said it was too old and now Im stuck looking for a new lower receiver. Any companies make a lower with a large retaining pin hole?

CALL COLT YOURSELF!!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top