Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2004 7:20:23 PM EDT
I have a colt with the old style pivot that is screwed together. I'm wanting to know if I can change it to a push pin.......can this be done?

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 8:23:18 PM EDT by shamayim]
If it's a small hole screw type, with the boss running under the ejection port; a provisional yes. Provisional, because if the housing doesn't have the hole for the spring and detent, you'll have to have onr drilled into it.

If it's a large hole, or an SP1or SP2, which also has the large hole, your only conversion option will be a push pin with spring loaded detent balls on the left side. They stick out a bit on the left side, but some folks like them. They do give you a quick breakdown; but are not retained by anything . You either have them all the way in or all the way out of the gun. There are several brands of this type piece. I know that DPMS makes one, and Bushmaster may have one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:20:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2004 8:22:47 PM EDT by shamayim]
(Ignore. I punched the wrong button)
Top Top