Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2004 7:20:23 PM EDT
I have a colt with the old style pivot that is screwed together. I'm wanting to know if I can change it to a push pin.......can this be done?

G
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a small hole screw type, with the boss running under the ejection port; a provisional yes. Provisional, because if the housing doesn't have the hole for the spring and detent, you'll have to have onr drilled into it.

If it's a large hole, or an SP1or SP2, which also has the large hole, your only conversion option will be a push pin with spring loaded detent balls on the left side. They stick out a bit on the left side, but some folks like them. They do give you a quick breakdown; but are not retained by anything . You either have them all the way in or all the way out of the gun.  There are several brands of this type piece. I know that DPMS makes one, and Bushmaster may have one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
(Ignore. I punched the wrong button)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top