Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 8:20:05 PM EDT
I've tried to figure it out.....what's the difference between the different colored labels as advertised at guns shows or EE. For that matter, what makes the LE 6920 stand out? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've tried to figure it out.....what's the difference between the different colored labels as advertised at guns shows or EE. For that matter, what makes the LE 6920 stand out? Thanks.

The box colors signify when the gun was made

Colt used different color boxes during different years. Therefore if you know the box color, you know the time-frame it was manufactured

As for the LE6920 and what makes it stand out?

It represents the closest thing to the military's M4 that civilians can own.

The only differences are:

the LE6920 is semi-automatic fire only

6920 has a 16 inch barrel vs a 14.5" on the M4

6920 has different size fire control pins than the M4 (.170 vs .155)

and the roll-mark is unique (see _DR's thread on rollmarks, etc in the Lowers section of this board)

all the others are............... (nevermind)
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies....great link!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the LE6920  have some sort of sear block?

Bill
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:07:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does the LE6920  have some sort of sear block?

Bill

No

It does have an unmilled area that if left as is, prevents installation of a FA FC kit.

I will see if I can find a picture of what I am talking about.

Colt stopped using those blocks some time ago--(old block shown below -from quarterbore)

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top