Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/12/2004 9:49:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 11:44:03 AM EST by redleg13a]
Is there much demand for the "pre-ban" version of this rifle in the non-free states? I have one I'm thinking about selling. I just bought an M4 kit and am thinking about getting a new non-neutered 20" rifle. This one does not have the bayonet lug, but is a pre-ban bought in '92. It's also a slab side with large holes.

What's the interest level on mine? Could I get enough to buy a new rifle out of the deal if I sold it to someone in a non-free state? My impression is that Colt's are not highly regarded even in the non-free states because of the odd pin sizes.

Edit because I'm an idiot. After reading my post again, it was hard to tell what I was asking.

Not much response on GD so I edited it here as well. Guess no one has any interest in this.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:44:21 AM EST
shameless bump
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:23:19 PM EST
Send me more info. How much you want and some pics would be nice.

npn1@optonline.net
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:33:00 PM EST
Im in missouri too..st. louis,... Colt is pretty big here anyway..im guessin if your rifle is a complete colt (upper and lower w/ stampings on bolt assembly adn barrell) you coudl get a 1000$ if you sell it to the right person, even give or take 200$....

Its still a preban and still a colt...not to say it would give you enough money to buy something much better, but atleast a brand new bushy w/ no tear & wear on it.

Visit Nassaue sporting goods, near I-70 and cave springs...they may be interested in buyin...though i dont know if too many stores are particularly lookin to buy right now..i think your best bet would to sell in the papers or to a friend

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:59:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bush_Nato_04:
Im in missouri too..st. louis,... Colt is pretty big here anyway..im guessin if your rifle is a complete colt (upper and lower w/ stampings on bolt assembly adn barrell) you coudl get a 1000$ if you sell it to the right person, even give or take 200$....

Its still a preban and still a colt...not to say it would give you enough money to buy something much better, but atleast a brand new bushy w/ no tear & wear on it.

Visit Nassaue sporting goods, near I-70 and cave springs...they may be interested in buyin...though i dont know if too many stores are particularly lookin to buy right now..i think your best bet would to sell in the papers or to a friend

It's a complete Colt. It definitely looks used. The outside of the barrel is dirty and such, but the bore is still in good shape. I like the rifle, but would rather have standard sized parts and normal take down pins rather than the screws.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:38:35 PM EST
I just picked mine up from my gun dealer,I bought it from a member here from Normandy Mo.

Its a 1993 Sporter Target but has a fence(not slab side) I paid 850+25 shipping!!

The seller said it had about 1000 rounds through it but it looks more like New!!!

So yes I would think you could get enough to build anything you might want!!!

Bob
Top Top