Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 12:23:41 PM EDT
Will a Colt Sporter lower fit any other AR15 upper brands?
Will it work with a Bushy and Beowulf upper without problems?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Colt preban 7.62X39mm lower receiver with a Bushmaster shorty upper mounted and a postban Bushmaster lower with a Colt 20" upper mounted. No problems whatsoever.

John
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as the LOWER'S pivot pin is the small size (.250"), as that is the standard size. Colt made both large and small pivot lowers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As long as the LOWER'S pivot pin is the small size (.250"), as that is the standard size. Colt made both large and small pivot lowers.

And IF it's a Colt with the larger pivot pin hole, there are adapter pins made to mate with the small hole uppers.

Lonny

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem thanks, maybe I'll get a hold of one of these lowers and use it with a Bushy upper and the Beowulf.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
No problem. I'm using a large pin Sporter lower with my Beowulf. The adapter pin actually gives you a real tight lock-up since you can rotate it (cam action). I've had Bushmaster and PWA uppers on it, with no problems also.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top