Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/9/2003 2:58:14 PM EST
I'm considering having a sear block removed from a Colt receiver. It's a double pin block. Can it be done? How much is a fair price? Any recommendation for someone who can do it well?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:32:37 PM EST
I have found 2 places on the net that say they will remove the sear block. One is [url] www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com [/url] The other place I found is John Norrell Arms [url] www.molyresin.com/products.asp [/url] I was tempted to try the John Norrell arms one. Mainly, because it says on the website that no refinishing is required and the inside pins are made flush. I guess that means no gaping hole in my lower receiver. However since I have only the one AR, and live in the PRK. I am kind of afraid to let it out of my hands for interstate travel. Next thing I know some gun grabbing BEEEEEP will pass a law that would prevent me from taking possesion of it again. (Yes, I am paranoid about all the CA BS.) So, I had a local gunsmith just "chew" out a piece of the sear block on my so far so the 2-stage trigger will fit in. I still may send my rifle out to have it completely removed someday.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:40:01 PM EST
Try a thread search on this matter. This has been asked before, and someone posted some good instructions how to do it. It involved drilling a hole downwards to meet the shaft the holding pin used, then tapping it, then screwing a bolt in it after filling the hole with water, the created hydrostatic pressure pushing the pin out - very slick (something like that at least), but I think he said this only works 50% of the time. That block is extremely hard tool metal and a biyach to mill. Thanks Colt...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:08:17 AM EST
Thanks to all!
Top Top