Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2004 9:32:28 AM EDT
I have a like new SP1 that I picked up recently. The serial number dates it to 1972. What type flash suppressor came with the the SP1 for that year. Mine has the birdcage and I was wondering if it should have the 3 prong.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It should have the A1 style birdcage - with slots all the way around.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
It does. Thank you for your reply.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
How did you date the serial number?

I recently picked up one and I haven't been able to date it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the IFORMATION button on ar15.com. Then to Legal Issues. Then to the serial number list.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thankyou.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It should have the A1 style birdcage - with slots all the way around.

I have one dated in 1972 as well (small world!) and yes...mine has the birdcage as well. I'm considering swapping it out for the duckbill one, though, for asthetic purposes only.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I had made some updates to mine like the round handguards,  A2 pistol grip, A2 rear apeature, square front sight post and A2 FS. But I started thinking and I wanted to return it to basically stock look. The only thing I have not changed back is the sights. I put the originals in the butt stock. I purchased the rifle for oldest son.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top