Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:16:59 PM EDT
I am new to the world of the black rifle so forgive my ignorance. I just picked up a Bushy A3. I also got a bunch of Colt 20 round mags (straight) with colt markings and black plastic followers. My question is are these worth shooting as is or should I upgrade the followers. Or are they worth more to trade or sell for standare GI style 30 rounders? Help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have the grey aluminum followers, you will be fine.  I have several old beat up 20 round
colt mags that work just fine.  I usually take only 20 round mags to the range with me.  I only take 30 round mags if I want to test them out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt or Simmons/Adventureline 20rd mags with aluminum follower are some of the best there are.  You might want to put new springs in them.  They do sell for more than most 30rd mags.

TS
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The Colt 20s with black plastic followers are commercial mags, as opposed to the alloy follower 20s that are long since discontinued.  Some LE weapons also came with the 20 round black plastic follower mags.  I've never had a problem with them and I would leave them as is, unless you're having a specific issue with them.  In the even that you feel the need to install new springs, be sure to specify that you need them for 20 round straight body mags, and not the newer 20 round curved body  mags.  The springs are different.  Also remember that the popular MagPul and USGI green followers do not work in straight body 20 round mags.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Tanks for the info guys. If I post these for sale or trade with pics would anybody want them? I am not sure if I want to keep them. I could use more 30 round mags. I will try to post some pics. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If I post these for sale or trade with pics would anybody want them?

Most likely, yes.  Personally, I'd keep 'em.

TS
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]

If I post these for sale or trade with pics would anybody want them?

If you wanted to unload them, I'm sure you would have no problem.  Mags for sale go HERE.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top