Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2003 1:33:48 PM EDT
-A wonderful christmas present but I am having trouble removing the stock to add a sling mount. The receiver extention nut will not budge. I purchased the special tool to remove the nut but no luck. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to really torque that nut to get it off since it's staked on. After trying unsuccessfully to remove mine with a CAR wrench I finally wrapped a piece of electrical tape around it and then clamped on the largest vice-grip I own. It then came right off.

Some people here suggested that I use a punch to remove the staking, but I was afraid of missing with the punch and marring the receiver. In the end I would rather bang up a $3.00 buffer tube nut than risk scratching an expensive receiver.

Edit: Congrats on your 6400C by the way. Whoever gave it to you has excellent taste [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll try again! I just don't want to mess anything up. The rifle is just too wonderful (and new) to screw anything up! My wife is the one with the good taste-with a little help from me!

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll try again! I just don't want to mess anything up. The rifle is just too wonderful (and new) to screw anything up! My wife is the one with the good taste-with a little help from me!

View Quote

Just be sure to support the lower as you are torquing on the nut. Once you get past the staking it will spin right off [:)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top