Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:18:25 PM EDT
Due to health issues I had to part with my vintage guitars and many fine guns!  1st on my short list to Colt Mt6601 or the same with f/h if possible.  It must be a Colt, 1/7, A2 style, 20".

I'm thinking new as is my area used will only save me about $200 bucks.  Wish I could buy mine back as I took the best care and fed it only Q3131a.

What do you guys think?

Thanks all,

Goldtop Dude
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
is the Mt6601 still in production?

bump.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
My advice is to check the EE here regularly, as you might just see one that fits your exact standards pop up.

Also check gunbroker, IIRC when I was looking at A2 style 20" rifles there were a few nice looking 6601s on there.

just a couple thoughts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The MT6601 is still available on Colts website www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/MTHBAR.asp

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks much!------Now do I go with the 6601 or 6601C?   I don't need a comp, however I will add an A2 style F/H asap.  Would the 6601C make an ez change and has anyone had some range time with Colts comp?  Would it be much louder than the naked brl?

GTD
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I too had to sell many of my vintage guitars, mostly Gibsons, for health reasons. I had a autographed Dimebag Darrel sig. that he played at a show in Detroit that I had to sell right before he died....oh well, still have some guns left. I hope you are getting better and  you will stay well enough to keep shooting and enjoy life. I have seen some ads for the Colt you are are after in SGN recently for 1199. I belive these are PD trade ins, but I am not sure. Check out the latest issue and look for the add. Best wishes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks man!  I had endorsement contracts w/Hamer and Dr strings as well as fav Les Pauls.  Well, its time to start over and i thank you for your thoughts.

So sorry to ask, but ca you spell the sites to locate the 6601C.

Thanks again,
GTD
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Would the 6601C make an ez change and has anyone had some range time with Colts comp?

Would it be much louder than the naked brl?

bump

GTD
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see you back in the saddle.

The Miculek compensator is loud but effective. the one on the Colt is pinned on, so if you got a naked barrel 6601, you could easily have it added by anyone competent. I've even seen the Miculek as a threaded comp add-on, and that can be done with the demise of slick-willies ban. Adco here on the sight does decent muzzle threading at a fair price.

Are you set on the hbar model?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Glad to see you back in the saddle.

The Miculek compensator is loud but effective. the one on the Colt is pinned on, so if you got a naked barrel 6601, you could easily have it added by anyone competent. I've even seen the Miculek as a threaded comp add-on, and that can be done with the demise of slick-willies ban. Adco here on the sight does decent muzzle threading at a fair price.

Are you set on the hbar model?

Thanks for the info!  Being a guitar player and having best access/distance to indoor range I need a comp that is pretty tame sound wise.  What do you think of the Colt comp sound/dbs?  As far as the rifle my spec's would be, Colt one pc cr handle/recvr no extra bolts, 1/7, basic A2.  

I did give some thought to having a MT mod to a Dissy style as I love that full forearm and sight rad.  As far as the brl the Hbar is not a must.

I know I need 2, however $$ do not permit at this time.

Any thoughts?

GTD
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know if the stock Colt comp (6601C) works to reduce recoil as well as muzzle rise?  

Thanks,
GTD
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anyone know if the stock Colt comp (6601C) works to reduce recoil as well as muzzle rise?  

Thanks,
GTD

Not exactly sure, but I think Colt came up with that as their answer to faux Flash Hiders during the dark years

Kind of hokey I think, but many may disagree

The 6601C would be a great choice, but I would replace the comp with either Phantom, Votex, or A2 device.

IMHO of course
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
GTD

Not exactly sure, but I think Colt came up with that as their answer to faux Flash Hiders during the dark years

Kind of hokey I think, but many may disagree

The 6601C would be a great choice, but I would replace the comp with either Phantom, Votex, or A2 device.

IMHO of course

Just re read an email-im- and the report I got is that the stock comp is no louder than the A2FH and is great in recoil reduction.  If needed I will replace w/Kurts "A2 Limiter".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top