Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 6:25:35 PM EDT
I am seriously contemplating an actual Colt M4 now.  I want it to look as acurately as possible, so I think the stock brake has definitely got to go and the 16" barrel has probably got to go too.  I am thinking that the thing to do would be to send the barrel (complete upper) to KKF for a barrel chop and recontour to more correct profile and permanantly attach a TacBrake.  The question is do I chop to 15" and top with an A2 Brake or chop to 14.5" and top with an A3 Brake?  

Also, if I want to swap the pinned collapsible stock for an A1 or A2 length fixed stock like the standard milspec type or the Vltor or Ace, can I use the buffer tube that comes on the rifle or do I have to swap to a longer one and how big a deal is this?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:51:37 PM EDT
Remove the brake, but have Steve at ADCO press on one of his 'brakes' just for looks, and then send it to KKF for the Govt. Profile. There is a photo of this on pg. 3 of the photo thread, or an RRA M4gery.

About the stock, I don't think you will need a longer buffer tube, but I do think you should leave the stock one on. Just for that true M4 look.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2003 7:08:32 PM EDT by M4arc]
Originally Posted By Blackjack272:
Remove the brake, but have Steve at ADCO press on one of his 'brakes' just for looks, and then send it to KKF for the [red]Govt. Profile.[/red] There is a photo of this on pg. 3 of the photo thread, or an RRA M4gery.
View Quote

The barrel is already gov't profile so only a trip to Steve is necessary.  

Edited to add: I think Kurt has a press on fake brake too.  I know Steve will also cut the barrel down too and install a Wilson brake.

Probably wise to check with both.
Top Top