Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:33:40 PM EDT
Hello all,

Is the Colt mag with the Orange followers as good as the colt ones with the green followers?  

Are they worth more?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't the Orange and Green the same?......  Never played with the O's...
But  If you have too ask which is better....   You probably just want too put the Magpul followers in them...                I DID...   In ALL of them....  And would never go back too anything else.......  

GET SOME!!!!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Aren't the Orange and Green the same?......  Never played with the O's...
But  If you have too ask which is better....   You probably just want too put the Magpul followers in them...                I DID...   In ALL of them....  And would never go back too anything else.......  

GET SOME!!!!!!!!!  

Nah, just asking so I can figure which ones to actually use and which to keep as collectables.  I am Colt fan (products not their politics) I just recently got 5 with the orange followers and picked up 10 with the green followers at a show.  The only difference is that the ones with the green followers have colt stamped on the sides of the mag bodies, while the ones I just got off EE only has colt on the floor plates, nothing on the mag body.  What gives?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you read the AR Mag FAQ that's tacked at the top of the Magazine forum here?

To the best of my knowledge, Colt mags have never come with orange followers from the factory.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
collectables!!!.....  

J/K...     anyways... i too would love too get my hands on some of those Armalite Waffle's.....

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Did I get ripped off or something?  They look brand new and have colt manu on the floorplates....it came in a plastic ziplock tyoe bag with a colt paper.  I will have to post some pics when I get back from the gym.  I paid $80.00 for 5 of them shipped.  Man.....I feel like shit now..
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
$16 a piece for Colt mags with after market followers? Nah, you didn't get ripped off. Those sound like your standard run-of-the-mill Colts. Then again, if you were looking for collector's item, it certainly does not sound like they are that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
A few years back there was a vender at a gun show selling "Colt 30 round magazines."  He was also selling Cooper floor-plates.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top