Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 11:32:22 AM EDT
OK I cannot sight my NV scope in with an A2 upper and adapter.  There is not enough range.  I am about to pick up a stripped uper flattop by colt.  What is a reasonable price for one?  The ones the shop by me has are $150 I think.  Is that too much?  Would I be better just getting a Bushy?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a true Colt with proper markings, then I'd say $150's a good price especially if it's an M4 upper ("4" stamped over the gas port and feed ramp cuts).

Honestly, though, as long as you go with a good forged upper from a good company, I'd say you're good to go!

Good Companies:
Colt
ArmaLite (also has cut feed ramps on their carbine uppers)
Bushmaster
RRA and DPMS are about equal
Olympic

Good luck on your build!
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, I just got back from the shop and it is a Colt M4 upper (marked above the port) and it is actually $179.  Is that worth it?

edited to say it is not stripped.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I would say that it's worth the $175.  In my opinion, the Colt uppers are the best quality on the market - and I'm more of an ArmaLite fan. [:)]

Just as an FYI, the Colt M4 uppers have been selling on average for over $200 on EE.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:34:09 AM EDT
[#4]
OK so for a non-stripped upper receiver assembly from Colt marked M4 is an OK deal at $179?  OK Cool thanks.  I had them set it aside for me so that I could get the input of the more experienced guys here.  Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top