Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 10:05:03 AM EDT
I have a Colt M4 carbine which I sent to GG&G a while back for them to install their flip up front sight  and their MAD rear sight. Now I want to install a FF rail system. There are so many out there that it gets confusing at times. I read the post on FF foreend weights and the weight does not appear to be an issue. So, if you guys have any suggestions  Iam all ears. Price is not a concern. I want the best there is to offer. I was thinking of going back to GG&G for theirs.  Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Larue.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#2]
You need to decide how important weight is for you.  The GG&G is a heavier rail system than some of the other options.  Also, decide if you need a free floating rail  or not.  Optics, are you using any/what kind/which mount?  

If you don't need a FF rail system, the best IMHO is the KAC M4 RAS.  A close second would be the non-FF from MI.

If you want FF but don't want to disassemble the barrel or cut off the delta ring, the KAC RAS2 is a great option, especially if you use an Aimpoint as the hump is a great place to mount it.

For FF and you don't mind cutting the delta ring, the Troy series of rail systems are great.

If you don't mind taking appart the barrel or having someone else do it, LaRue, Daniel Defense, KAC, PRI and others are great...DD being the lightest of all of them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Daniel Defense hangs on mine and I love it

The more I see the LaRue tactical and hear all the positive feedback, I would definitely consider it a top 3

The Knights KAC RAS reigns supreme with our troops

So there you have it.

D.D.
LaRue T
KAC RAS

cannot go wrong with any of these.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I will want a FF barrel and the optics is an EoTEch 552. All the work will be done for me by a custom riflesmith familiar with AR 15 platforms. I want something sturdy, weight is no option. LaRue is not an option for personal reasons. I was considering Troy, ARMS, and Knight. Your suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will want a FF barrel and the optics is an EoTEch 552. All the work will be done for me by a custom riflesmith familiar with AR 15 platforms. I want something sturdy, weight is no option. LaRue is not an option for personal reasons. I was considering Troy, ARMS, and Knight. Your suggestions?

My favorite rail that I got is the LaRue which has the most sturdy design because of their locking feature which locks the rail tube with the mounting ring and barrel nut, I also have two Samson.

If you don't like the LaRue then Knight's, Daniel Defense, Troy and Samson are all pretty good but I would pick the Knight's or Daniel Defense first if being sturdy is important.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#6]
DD, KAC, and Troy are all good, but I'd get the DD.  I love KAC, but DD is thinner and lighter.  The Troy is heavier and thicker.  With panels on it, it feels like an elephant dick.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Gimme_a_Carbine: Nothing wrong with elphant dick; I wish I had one. I think I'll do the KAC. Troy looks like a copy of the KAC. Can I go directly to KAC for the system?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top