Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2004 8:04:53 PM EDT
Just got this recently, my first AR pattern rifle.  It has a 16in barrel with pinned on muzzle break, 4 position adj. stock, appears to be colt all around (upper has M4 stamped above gas tube, barrel markings look like colt etc.)  Seems now that it was slapped together  with the adj. stock to appeal to newbies like me looking for a ban-free rifle as I now learn that Colt is not in the business of serving us lowlie civies.  I also looked at the Bushmaster M4 clones that are manufactured after the sunset of the AWB, as well as others that I have learned here just recently.  Any opinions on whether I made a decent purchase would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard!!!! and Congrats on the Colt MT6400C.

Idont think you will be dissapointed with your purchase and regradless of what others say Colt has outstanding Customer servie
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I'm shocked to find someone who finds that colt has outstanding Customer service hough
Will I have any fitting problems with this rifle if I want to change uppers? I've read here on several threads that some Colts are not MIL-SPEC and that I probably won't be able to get, say a Bushmaster upper, and slap it on the receiver. I plan on building up on my arsenal, err, collection and it would be nice to be able to interchange parts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've also got a MT6400C. Last week I went to the C&E gun show in Fayetteville, NC. I bought a Vltor carbine modstock. I found an exhibitor that had tools and asked him to switch out the original pinned stock. He had a hard time taking off the stock and mentioned that he hated Colt because their parts aren't milspec. At first, I found this hard to believe since Colt makes LE/mil rifles. After thinking about this for a bit, I realized that he might be right for civlian model Colt rifles. What do you all think/know about this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.  I'm shocked to find someone who finds that colt has outstanding Customer service though it sounds as if you're not kidding.

Will I have any fitting problems with this rifle if I want to change uppers? I've read here on several threads that some Colts are not MIL-SPEC and that I probably won't be able to get, say a Bushmaster upper, and slap it on the receiver. I plan on building up on my arsenal, err, collection and it would be nice to be able to interchange parts.

The MT6400C uses standard 0.25 pivot pins, so any upper will work. I have had LMT uppers on mine. Only the FCG has non standard pins sizes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've also got a MT6400C. Last week I went to the C&E gun show in Fayetteville, NC. I bought a Vltor carbine modstock. I found an exhibitor that had tools and asked him to switch out the original pinned stock. He had a hard time taking off the stock and mentioned that he hated Colt because their parts aren't milspec. At first, I found this hard to believe since Colt makes LE/mil rifles. After thinking about this for a bit, I realized that he might be right for civlian model Colt rifles. What do you all think/know about this.

The reason HE had a hard time removing the stock, is because Colt stakes the castle nut  in two different places.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Gunshow hucksters hate Colt when they don't have any Colts to sell or know how to work on them.

Gunshows are some of the worst places to buy items or gather information if you're not already knowledgable. Caveat Emptor!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a good gun.  Nobody has ever come here and said "Damn! I wish I DIDN'T buy a Colt."

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top