Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:05:21 PM EDT
I was wondering how do you tell what generation the handguards are. I see there are 3 generations. What are the differences.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:28:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 6:29:23 AM EDT by eye_spy]
I don't know about the "3" generations .... what I am aware off is the regular carbine guards which is slimmer / narrower in girth and has single heat shield AND the m4 type guards which are "bulkier / bigger" in girth and has double heat shields.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:12:18 AM EDT
Factory original USGI Colt M4 handguards come in only two variations I know of. Early ones do not have glued in heatshields while later ones do. The older ones are also darker and glossier.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:11:07 AM EDT
I've seen upper M4 handguards with M203 sight installed on it, could that be another version or is it just a converted standard M4 handguard.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:54:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ekie:
Factory original USGI Colt M4 handguards come in only two variations I know of. Early ones do not have glued in heatshields while later ones do. The older ones are also darker and glossier.

What does the glue do?

I just got some, they havent arrived yet but I think they are the older ones. The finish doesnt matter because Im going to paint them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:58:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Live_Strong:

Originally Posted By Ekie:

What does the glue do?

I just got some, they havent arrived yet but I think they are the older ones. The finish doesnt matter because Im going to paint them.

I don't know, stink when you get it real hot?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:59:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Alpha-Romeo3:
I've seen upper M4 handguards with M203 sight installed on it, could that be another version or is it just a converted standard M4 handguard.

Don't know that either.
Top Top