Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:48:34 PM EDT
Looking at buying a colt sporter 16' , a2 upper s/n SL 0235xx online.Anyone know if it would be large pin or small on the hammer/trigger? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:43:40 AM EDT
[#1]
number prefix doesnt compute, please recheck. ser # index at biggerhammer.com
GENERALLY, not always, if its a "ban" model,(no bayo lug/flash hider) it's big pin
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
number prefix doesnt compute, please recheck. ser # index at biggerhammer.com
GENERALLY, not always, if its a "ban" model,(no bayo lug/flash hider) it's big pin

biggerhammer.com brings up nothing.

Could you verify the link?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#3]
www.biggerhammer.net
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
No one has that info? I checked biggerhammer and they didnt have anything on hammer and trigger pin size that I could see for the SL0235xx s/n range . The sizes are: .150 and .174?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a thread going on this subject in the Colt forum under the industry area.

No one has given a definate answer.

I called Colt and asked them and they couldn't tell me what serial number they switched at. This is truly pathetic customer service in my opinion.

The only way of knowing for sure is using a micrometer and "micing" them yourself.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No one has that info? I checked biggerhammer and they didnt have anything on hammer and trigger pin size that I could see for the SL0235xx s/n range . The sizes are: .150 and .174?

This may be a stupid question - have you asked the seller about the size of the FCG pins? Also, the small pin size is 0.154" and the large (Colt) is 0.170".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]
it would be nice if we could get that Biggerhammer.net list updated and ad a colum for pin sizes.

6920's 055xxx-06xxx are now small pin
6520's 045xxx are now small pin
6721's  ??????? had it written down here at work but now cant find it. Im thinking 037xxx???? maybe?

All green/blue label Colts, small pins.  

I believe also that if it is a ban gun, and has the pinned block that good chance it's a large/.170 pin gun.  

Im just now getting back into Colt AR's given advent of current production, small/.154 pin lowers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top