Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 2:39:45 PM EDT
Check this out, just for entertainment of course.www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=24457178
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Good grief!!!

Auctions like that make me consider selling mine...argh.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]
We could do an arfcom group buy and get the same thing from saw for $1500
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
3K is plain frikin stupid......
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You got that right. I always knew Fountain Firearms was priced a little high but this is rediculous.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It gets better and better. Look herewww.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=24511015
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

BTW, I hope Colt makes about 5000 of these Hbars and these rifles won't be woth anything more than $1100 at the most.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Have to watch the auctions and see if anyone is dumb enough to buy one (or two) at that price....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Are these buyer's "plain frikin stupid" or is the real issue the fact that they have the money to pay those prices and you don't?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are these buyer's "plain frikin stupid" or is the real issue the fact that they have the money to pay those prices and you don't?

just plain frikin stupid
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#11]
$3,035.00 fuck that.  I can't believe that guy bid and won that.  Good game TUCAN Sam.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#12]
As WC Fields once said about suckers.
There is one born every minute.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#13]
So I can sell my AR's for 3-6k by grinding down the inscriptions on the lower and have LAW ENFORCEMENT / MILITARY USE ONLY inscribed on them. Some people have too much money or not a high iq.
Later
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Stupidity at its finesthock.gif
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#15]
What kills me is that the first seller stated that the unit was "unopened....with the factory seal intact"

Funny how did he get the pictures of the rifle then....???  Am I missing something here??? the cardboard wick was missing from the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As WC Fields once said about suckers.
There is one born every minute.

+1        (btw it was p.t. barnum that said it.)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#17]
The picture in the first gunbroker listing sure looks *EXACTLY LIKE* my LE6920 that I paid $925 for...

Does the HBAR version have the grenade launcher cutout on the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Does the HBAR version have the grenade launcher cutout on the barrel?

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Around this time last year Colt's limited production M4 HB 'SOCOM' (or something) upper halves were selling for around two grand-if you could find one that is. A few months ago I bought a couple of 6920 and 6920HB barrels, but I just don't understand why someone would pay $3k for a 6920HB.

What someone wants to do with their money is all fine and good of course, but I don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#21]
niceguymr, knowing what you paid for the HB's and now having sold them, I guess I would like to know what you think a good price is currently. I mean, the original thread for $2600 got  stomped pretty bad......IF you were to post another 6920HB here on EE, would that price remain the same?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope Colt comes to their sense, and dump a 100k of these on the market.. The dumbasses that paid $3k plus will eat their shit then..
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(when my local dealer showed me the letter from Colt).

Has anyone actually posted this letter from Colt, I have heard this on the internet but have yet to actually see the letter. Maybe the dealers and distibutors are just saying this to jack up the prices.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#24]
This one?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#25]
As for anthing that actually says "dont sell to Civilians" No I havn't seen one of those
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
This one?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Falcon007/ColtAWBltr.jpg

I guess that would be the one, Makes me want to . I do have a NIB 6920 and my next purchase will be from a more civillian friendly company such as Bushmaster, RRA, etc.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Because of an agreement between Colt/SAW, there wont be anymore 6920HB's made. Even if a new batch shows up...it will only go to those with letterheads.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Everyone is still caught up on the letterheads, Colt can ask for whatever they want and the distributors can do whatever they please.  Most dists. have been requesting only copies of ID's and badges from dealers as to  "pretend" they're complying with Colt.  Thats how most of the LE's are hitting the market.  Check the dealers on the EE thats why they were asking for LE's with ID to help them place orders for others.  If you think about it that way everyone wins, Colt looks politically correct, the dists. follow Colt's request for LE only, and finally the dealers sell the rifles to whoever they want.  As I posted previously these rifles have begun to show up and I expect the flow to continue.  I wouldn't pay over 1k for these (and haven't)(I own 2) there will be more supply than demand in the near future.   Circle the date on that one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#29]

What SAW did was no different than what these guys are doing. SAW is great to deal with, but they were the first to begin gouging the public.

C'mon.  If you had something that was selling online and elsewhere for $1500, and it was currently hard to get, WOULD YOU sell it for $900?

That doesn't make any sense.  If a business was that stupid, then any intelligent customer would just buy their whole inventory and re-sell them immediately!

It's not "gouging" to sell something for the market price.  Complain about the price all you want, but to complain about supply and demand is futile.

If no AWB is written, and if supply catches up, then the price WILL drop.  However, those are two big IFs.  Some people are simply hedging by buying the most desirable factory AR there is, before the big IFs are determined.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Everyone is still caught up on the letterheads, Colt can ask for whatever they want and the distributors can do whatever they please.  Most dists. have been requesting only copies of ID's and badges from dealers as to  "pretend" they're complying with Colt.  Thats how most of the LE's are hitting the market.  Check the dealers on the EE thats why they were asking for LE's with ID to help them place orders for others.  If you think about it that way everyone wins, Colt looks politically correct, the dists. follow Colt's request for LE only, and finally the dealers sell the rifles to whoever they want.  As I posted previously these rifles have begun to show up and I expect the flow to continue.  I wouldn't pay over 1k for these (and haven't)(I own 2) there will be more supply than demand in the near future.   Circle the date on that one.

Yup Colt is jacking up the price. They have to know where the extra "demand" is comming from.

The policy is "We will only sell to Law Enforcement"
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Now this is funny,

I remember looking last week at SAW's webpage and I swear they where sold out of the 6920HBs. Now, they have 2, for a lot higher price, but still not $3k. Now I personally would not pay the $2k they are asking, but its a smite better than $3K.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#32]
i saw this collectable coming from a mile away too.
i bought 3, just sold one for 2700 plus shipping.
still have the 2 consectutive serial numbers left.
but i didnt get em for the low price listed.
my wifes mother has throat cancer and was given 6 months to live, so i am selling mine to help fund the soon to be funeral.

yeah, i am going to make some off em, but, if and when colt may make more, i am sure they will be of a different production run and different serial number ranges.
the first always bring higher prices to the true collector.

and for what people are paying,,, look at what a rare stamp or coin brings!! is the actual value of the stamp or coin in contarast to what is paid for it , due to it's rarity to a collector.

a ounce silver coin with a mint goof up worth say 1 dollar in actual value, but brings 10k because it is rare ??? ( i don't know money values so the 1 dollar is just an example)

same thing here, only 300 and the prices continue to climb.

i tried to tell everyone on the falfiles about these, but, nooo i got ridiculed ,, so now who's laughing ??

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#33]
splattermatic,
I agree completely. If it was gas, freshwater or ice during some kind of disaster scenario like what Florida is/was going through I would say you're an Asshat and going to hell, lol. But you're selling a gun, no one needs it or has to have it. You're not making anyone buy it so who's getting hurt. The only ones crying are those who didn't have the foresight or finances to buy early on before the rush. Congrats on your 2700 sale, that's one hell of a profit. Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top