Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:22:21 PM EDT
I recently picked up some 30 round magazines here on the EE that were sold as new Colts as they had Colt floor plates.  The mags I received are steel body mags that appear to have been sand blasted and they appear to have no finish on them.

Has anyone ever heard of or seen these?  My speculation is that they are some generic body with Colt floor plates.  I have never seen Colt mags with steel bodies.

I guess I bought some expensive floor plates and green followers.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I guess I bought some expensive floor plates and green followers.

Yes, it appears you did. Have never seen steel Colt magazines.

Make sure you publish your experience in the hall of shame feedback forum so nobody else gets scammed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Make sure you publish your experience in the hall of shame feedback forum so nobody else gets scammed.

+1.  Don't let the guy who ripped you off get off easy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1.  Don't let the guy who ripped you off get off easy.

+2... That's just shameless.  Why would Colt go to steel when they have been producing/procuring some of the finest weapons magazines (aluminum) on earth for the last 40+/- years?

Sly
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+2... That's just shameless.  Why would Colt go to steel when they Okay industries have been producing/procuring some of the finest weapons magazines (aluminum) on earth for the last 40+/- years?

Sly

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top