Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 8:19:20 PM EDT
Well, i have decided to sell my uber ar15 with all the rails, and bells and wissle for a lightweight, SBR, commando type rifle.
i want to do one, and i know it sounds corny, like a rifle from the BHD movie.
a simple colt commando with aimpoint and classic barrel mounted surefire, AND THATS IT!!
so i am tring to find refernce pics, and am not sure of the exact colt number; 933, 727, 733.....

i want to go with a fixed A2 carry handle, lightweight short barrel (is 11.5 accurate?), 4 pos stock, the skinny type handguards, A2 flashhider, and i guess standard parts, classic surefire light with barrel mount, aimpoint on carry handle mount.

so any suggetions, or refernces please share, and be on the lookout for my rifle in the EE (complete with tons of Larue, ACOG, Magpul, and more great parts!! over $3k!!)

i am sure yall all have seen the movie, but here's the best pic i could find:

___________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________
EDIT

Ok, after playing around in the Retro forums, i have come up with this:

727 Upper
733 Frontend
Standard slip ring (not the tapered current one)
600 Series handguards (skinnier i guess)
standard 4 pos stock and tube
A1 pistol grip? (like th e A2, but without the finger rest thing, just smooth down the front?)
Aimpoint M2
ARMS 16A Mount
Classic surefire
will probably keep my lower, and maybe put some retro parts on the exterior (selector, bolt catch, etc.) but not sure if i would mod the reciever its self. its an LMT which i know isn't quite accurate to the build, but i will only need to SBR one reciever, and i can use it later down the road if need be...

a cool reference

REPLIES

Quoted:
Dude, soon you will be hangin in the retro forum!!!
Seriously, nice rifles.
Post pics on your progress!!

yeah, i have recently been liking the old school, SBR's with haveing just what you need. very basic and simple, but effective! and all though they usually have less *stuff* on them like the AR's of the 21st century, they almost look MORE unique. i used to think differnt and unique meant bolting more stuff on!!

Quoted:
Go for an IDF clone.

i do love this one: but can;t have an M203

Link Posted: 6/18/2007 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for an IDF clone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, i have decided to sell my uber ar15 with all the rails, and bells and wissle for a lightweight, SBR, commando type rifle.
i want to do one, and i know it sounds corny, like a rifle from the BHD movie.
a simple colt commando with aimpoint and classic barrel mounted surefire, AND THATS IT!!
so i am tring to find refernce pics, and am not sure of the exact colt number; 933, 727, 733.....

i want to go with a fixed A2 carry handle, lightweight short barrel (is 11.5 accurate?), 4 pos stock, the skinny type handguards, A2 flashhider, and i guess standard parts, classic surefire light with barrel mount, aimpoint on carry handle mount.

so any suggetions, or refernces please share, and be on the lookout for my rifle in the EE (complete with tons of Larue, ACOG, Magpul, and more great parts!! over $3k!!)

i am sure yall all have seen the movie, but here's the best pic i could find:
www.follow-me-now.de/assets/images/Black_Hawk_Down-2.jpg

Dude, soon you will be hangin in the retro forum!!!
Seriously, nice rifles.
Post pics on your progress!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top