Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/3/2005 7:35:57 PM EDT
I'm looking for a close-up photo of the marking(s), on a Colt military issue detachable carry handle, especially the right side. If the person I traded with (and myself) got screwed, as I suspect, I'd like to be sure. Ray
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:52:32 PM EDT
Colt has it's carry handles made by several different sources. Those same sources make carry handles for most other AR manufacturers as well. There is no way to tell a Colt carry handle from a Bushy, RRA, etc. What markings does it have on it?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:10:51 PM EDT
The only marking on it other than the usual numbers/up-down is an outline on
the right side, adjacent to the sight assembly. It can best be described as a sort
of "wavy" triangle. Ray
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:36:57 PM EDT
Is this it:
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 9:02:21 PM EDT by ferretray]

Originally Posted By YELLOWV:
Is this it:
gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=yelloov&pic=UM_ANCHOR_HARVEY_ALUMINUM.jpg

No, that's not it. It makes me think ofa very bad outline of a "Wolf head" maybe. Ray
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:11:56 PM EDT
Here you go Cardinal Forge. I have the same handle on my Bushy but I have seen them on Colt's, RRA's, etc.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:54:15 PM EDT

Here you go Cardinal Forge. I have the same handle on my Bushy but I have seen them on Colt's, RRA's, etc.
gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=yelloov&pic=UM_CARDINAL_FORGE.jpg

If this is it, it could very well be a Colt carry handle.

Course, my RRA handle had the same forge mark too.

What it basically means is that you got a good quality carry handle (unless it's a defect)

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:12:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 4:57:07 AM EDT by mongo001]
Colt has used numerous forgings for their carry handles. Broken "A" with a letter or a number following it, the Cardinal forge, the keyhole mark, no mark at all. If the carry handle has been removed from the parent rifle, there is almost know way to know for sure if it is a Colt or an Olympic.

Adding: I mean no disrespect to this pic or the people it represents, but it is a good example of what I am talking about. These are rifles used by SEALs. They are Colt rifles. There is a hi-res version of this pic around here somewhere where you can clearly see at least three different forging marks and clearly see no forging mark on alot of them. But, I believe forging marks can show up on either the right or left side, so this might not be 100% accurate about the no forging mark.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:20:36 AM EDT

gallery.thevboard.com/showpic.php?dispsize=Original&album=yelloov&pic=UM_CARDINAL_FORGE.jpg

Yes Sir, That's the mark. Thank you very much guy's for your help. I owe someone an apology. Ray
Top Top