Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 3:30:33 PM EDT
I took this Colt unit out west to shoot prairie dogs and got two on the mound at 702 yards last week.  hot
I never have liked the trigger though.  This is a Colt post-ban CAR (HBAR) with a flat top and 24" stainless barrel.  It's a nice gun and the quality is great, but the trigger measures 6 lbs.  I know I'd shoot better with something lighter.  I'm capable of minor gunsmithing and hoped some of you might give me some tips on good manufacturers, personal experience, and some guidance as to where and how much to pay for a new trigger.  

I'm leaning towards a two stage rather than the single stage.

suggestions? comments? concerns?

thanks,

michael

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both the RRA two stage and a Jewell two stage.  The RRA is a great trigger for the money but I really, really, really. like the Jewell.  Fantastic trigger.

Phil
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
what trigger weight(s)?

michael

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a two stage Chip McCormick drop in trigger that's supposed to be pretty good.  I've seen it for as low as $169 and as high as $200.  

BTW, I have the RRA two stage National Match and I love it.

R.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top