Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2005 3:29:43 PM EDT
Opinions, please.  I really want to know.  I have an M-16a1 clone gun that needs a b/bc/ch and some 20 round mags.  I was thinking that a RRA or LMT or CMT would be just fine.  Nice prices, too.  But I kinda want the colt stuff.  What is the consensus around here?

Ric
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt may have a slight edge over RRA or CMT, due to their certification and testing process, but I believe CMT is offering certified and tested assemblies also, and I'd go that route, based strictly on price alone.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone but Colt shot peen the bolts?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anyone but Colt shot peen the bolts?

Not to my knowledge.  People debate the MP testing all day long, but no one ever mentions the shot peening.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
If you really wanna get down, make sure there is a "C" on the underside of the extractor. Lots of colt bolts out there with aftermarket non"C" stamped extractors in them. I cannot say for sure Colt stamps a "C" on all their extractors, but all of mine have it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the deal with shot peening?  Does that make a difference?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top