Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2004 3:49:02 AM EST
Anyone with any experience with these?Any feedback would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:46:49 AM EST
Nobody?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:56:55 AM EST
Don't be in such a hurry! It's early .

Seriously, I've owned a CR6724 for over four years and really like it. It's my favorite prairie dog rifle by far! Accuracy has been fantastic w/ 52gr SMK's over 25gr. H4895, Win brass and primers. 100yd. 5-shot groups average better than .250", with record group of .113" (backed up w/.130") witnessed at our club range.

Optic is a Weaver KT15, mounted with the Colt/B-Square mount that comes with the rifle. The only change that I've made was to swap the Colt Match trigger that came with it for a JP single stage adjustable trigger and lightweight hammer setup. The Colt trigger was plenty good and it went into a Colt lower that I built up as an A4 clone. I just preferred a lighter (2.5 lb.) single stage for varmint shooting.

I guess that the biggest compliment that I could give this rifle is to say that I'd buy it again, in a NY minute, if I had to do it over.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:32:59 AM EST
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:49:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Str8shot:
Seriously, I've owned a CR6724 for over four years and really like it. It's my favorite prairie dog rifle by far! Accuracy has been fantastic w/ 52gr SMK's over 25gr. H4895, Win brass and primers. 100yd. 5-shot groups average better than .250", with record group of .113" (backed up w/.130") witnessed at our club range.

Optic is a Weaver KT15, mounted with the Colt/B-Square mount that comes with the rifle. The only change that I've made was to swap the Colt Match trigger that came with it for a JP single stage adjustable trigger and lightweight hammer setup. The Colt trigger was plenty good and it went into a Colt lower that I built up as an A4 clone. I just preferred a lighter (2.5 lb.) single stage for varmint shooting.

Sounds like our rifles are almost twins. My MT6700 HBAR wears a CKT-15X Weaver(microtrack version) in a B-Square mount and JP single stage @ 3#.
Have you tried Feamsters "practice" load using 25.0 H335? I have H4895 on hand also, and am in the middle of trimming 180 Win cases for load development, so your specified accuracy load will get a try in my rifle alongside his. Thanks,

Paladin
Top Top